Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Here`s one more... :-)
Here`s one more... :-) [message #57199] Sun, 16 October 2005 10:30 Go to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Much larger castle than the last one, but less preserved. Smaller ones are made with a tower on the one side of the wall in elipse-form, and larger ones (like this) in the "tower inside the tower" form. Outside wall has a few smaller towers on the edges, and inside large fort, top of the hill - of course.
This one has only some parts of the walls, the most on the north side. Even 1702. this castle is mentioned like destroyed. First mentioned 1444., Turks conquested it 1537., local people conquested it again for a while 1566. - large battle mentioned in history books.
Today - nice walk through the oaks and chestnut-woods...

Re: Here`s one more... :-) [message #57205 is a reply to message #57199] Mon, 17 October 2005 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Damir,
I'm sorry not to have noticed before but what country are hiking around in. Nice scenes you have there.

bill

Re: Here`s one more... :-) [message #57211 is a reply to message #57205] Tue, 18 October 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Croatia, woods only a few km from my town. See the "map" below ("Future of Europe" thread), you`ll notice Italy, and then across the Adriatic see...
Glad that you like it...

Re: Here`s one more... :-) [message #57223 is a reply to message #57211] Wed, 19 October 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi Damir,

I want to visit the croatia coast when I go to Italy on business, but never have enough time to break away fro a few days. I usually fly in to venezia so it's less than 200 km to drive. I have a bunch of people from your area who work for me. They all came from Bosnia to the states after the war and started a new life here. some day i'll get to make a visit.

bill

Bosnia... [message #57224 is a reply to message #57223] Thu, 20 October 2005 09:53 Go to previous message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Translation: "Only 4 milion people have the luck to live in BiH (Bosnia and Herzegovina), all the rest don`t have that luck - but have everything else."

The North Adriatic is nice too, Istria, islands and some towns near Rijeka. Sometimes I spend my vacations there. Maybe we`ll meet there, wear a "ART" T-shirt...

Previous Topic: Iraqi Consttution
Next Topic: The Evil of Cencoreship
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 10:36:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout