Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Have to learn how to post pics I guess.
Re: Too much junkie business [message #57145 is a reply to message #57142] Wed, 05 October 2005 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Good night my friend.
23.15; thats 11: 15 PM right?
Reminds me of the old joke; Guy in the military asked what time it was and he gets this reply;
For you guys in the Air Force it's 23.15
all you Navy guys it's 11:15 pm
and for you guys in the Army..
The big hand is on the 11 and the small hand is....

Re: better qualified than.... [message #57146 is a reply to message #57144] Wed, 05 October 2005 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
Boy, you sure have an uncanny ability to miss the point when faced with sarcasm and hyperbole.

There are NO privacy right specified in the Constitution other than those specified in the Bill of Rights -- amendments. Any rights conferred upon the people of the Republic are contained in the Declaration of Independence. The Constitution is simple the enabling legislation. I'd be very interested to see where you find a right to an abortion. Please quote chapter and verse.

Now, before you get your panties in a wad, I am not arguing the moral issue of abortion. I am arguing the legal issue. So don't start sending me pictures of aborted fetuses. YOU DO NOT KNOW WHICH SIDE OF THE MORAL ISSUE I AM ON!!!!!!

I'm sorry you do not like the Constitution and the framework the Founding Fathers left for us. Your solution is for the courts to ignore the Constitution and any law passed by the Congress and the various states when a higher moral standard requires it. But who screams depends on whose ox is being gored. Throughout most of the later half of the 20th century, the conservatives screamed because the courts were packed with liberals. Now the liberals are screaming because the courts are being packed with conservatives. If the courts followed the Constitution rather than their moralistic whim, no one would be screaming, or maybe everyone would be softly whimpering. If you feel the need to change the Constitution, you must amend it. You cannot simple ignore it.

Bob

Re: better qualified than.... [message #57147 is a reply to message #57146] Wed, 05 October 2005 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well Bob; I certainly appreciate you schooling me. Can you say what your position on the Amendments to the Constitution is? Are they invoilable by definition or can we assume they have the power to grant proscriptive rights as stated in Article V of the original document?
Would your position be that the Founding fathers sought to maintain the document exactly in the position it held in 1789?
I don't wear panties I don't know why you would want to assume that.
I never said there was a right to abortion; I said there is an implied right to privacy; I appreciate you honoring me by quoting me but please quote me accurately.
I don't have any pictures of aborted fetuses; exactly what kinds of folks are you used to dealing with down there in Arkansas?
I never asked what side of the moral issue you were on.
As soon as your tantrum ends maybe we can convert this to a real and honest discussion.
That may be too much to hope for.

Again, answer the question [message #57148 is a reply to message #57139] Wed, 05 October 2005 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
- Where did you say "no"?

- I want you to explain why you made that remark.

Re: better qualified than.... [message #57149 is a reply to message #57147] Wed, 05 October 2005 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
Sigh...

OK. Your opinion is a real and honest discussion. My opinion is a tantrum.

Oh, well.

Bye

Bob

Re: better qualified than.... [message #57150 is a reply to message #57149] Wed, 05 October 2005 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You really didn't state an opinion; you de-constructed my post with; I may add, not a lot of civility. You must admitt, since I made it clear I was interested in your view, that you could have stated it without the adversarial exclamations; no?
I am still interested in your view except without the insinuation that I am a crack-pot. But I am sure this is the big bail-out.
Not to mention I never really stated an opinion except to say I thought the abortion thing came out of the privacy right.
But hey; nice way to slip off without a real exchange.

Re: Again, answer the question [message #57151 is a reply to message #57148] Wed, 05 October 2005 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Your losing me; I gave you the respect to answer this question once which I would not have done for just anyone so what is this.
I am not repeating myself.

You attacked, now answer the question [message #57152 is a reply to message #57151] Wed, 05 October 2005 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Why did you say, "......there's a tendency to bail out when the going gets tough."

You won't be repeating yourself, since you have not answered in the first place

Re: You attacked, now answer the question [message #57153 is a reply to message #57152] Wed, 05 October 2005 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hey; look at Bob's post. Thats a good example. If you want to know what I mean that illustrates it quite well. I call it the "Big Bail out"; when they have nothing to say they provoke you then...Bail-out.
It happens a lot. So when I saw you asked a question I wanted to know if you were serious or if you would do the Bobby's bail out routine.
I did not want to have to spend time writing and posting for nothing so I asked.
Good enough for you?
I mean; I still think it's a good topic.
There has certainly not been anything of consequence said as yet.

No more discussions with you. I promise [message #57155 is a reply to message #57153] Wed, 05 October 2005 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
It's pretty obvious that our OPINIONS on most things in life are complete opposites. Outside technical forums, I see very little need for mutual interaction.

Previous Topic: Fox news/good stuff/ Finally saying something good.
Next Topic: Peerless transformers, trademarks and intellectual property rights
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 08:18:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout