Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Have to learn how to post pics I guess.
We're still at "bail(ing) out when the going gets tough" [message #57135 is a reply to message #57132] Wed, 05 October 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Care to elaborate?

Re: Kung Fu - part 2 [message #57136 is a reply to message #57133] Wed, 05 October 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)

Freddy's Dead

"It's hard to understand,
There was love in this man,
I'm sure all would agree,
That his misery,
Was his woman and things,
Now Freddy's dead,
Thats what I said."

"Everybody's misused him,
Ripped him off and abused him,
Another junkie playin,
Pushin' dope for the man,
A terrible blow but thats how it go,
A Freddy's on the corner now,
If you wanna be a junkie wow,
Remmember..Freddy's dead."

Were're all built up with progress,
But sometimes I must confess,
We can deal with rockets and dreams,
But reality,
What does it mean?
Ain't nothin said cause Freddy's dead."

"Why can't we be brothers,
Protect one another,
No one's serious and it makes me furious,
Don't be misled,
Just think of Fred."

Curtis Mayfield

Re: We're still at "bail(ing) out when the going gets tough" [message #57137 is a reply to message #57135] Wed, 05 October 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Elaborate? We are going where with this?

Answer the question [message #57138 is a reply to message #57137] Wed, 05 October 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
You said, "....there's a tendency to bail out when the going gets tough."

Then I responded, "Care to elaborate?"

Where are we going with this? I want to know why you wrote that.....Colin

Re: Answer the question [message #57139 is a reply to message #57138] Wed, 05 October 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I thought I explained that; no?
What other explanation did you want to hear?

Too much junkie business [message #57140 is a reply to message #57136] Wed, 05 October 2005 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Just read some "UK Subs" lyrics (obscure, 2nd wave/2nd league of punk movement), and found some good, even "prophetical" polytical lyrics.
And remembered friend of mine who was that impressed with their "Brand New Age" LP that he scrawled all the city with "UK Subs" signs, around 1982. Around 1985. he was dead. Oh well...

Re: Too much junkie business [message #57141 is a reply to message #57140] Wed, 05 October 2005 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Damir; why is that prophetical; in what year did Orwell write 1984?
Huxley write Brave New World? This stuff is older than dirt.

"Known only to him are the great hidden secrets,
I'll fear not the darkness when my flame shall dim,
I know not what the future holds,
But I know who holds the future,
It's a secret known only to him."

Elvis Presley

Re: Too much junkie business [message #57142 is a reply to message #57141] Wed, 05 October 2005 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Huh, it`s 23.15 here...another time

Re: better qualified than.... [message #57143 is a reply to message #57131] Wed, 05 October 2005 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
The Constitution tells the federal government exactly what it can do. Everything else is left to the states. End of issue. If the people want the federal government to have additional authority, the people, though their state legislatures may amend the Constitution. Slavery and women's suffrage are two examples. Prohibition is a great example of what happens when zealots take over the process. We must be careful what we wish for because we may get it.

Rowe v Wade is the current litmus test of ideological purity. The moral righteousness of the issue is irrelevant. There is not a shred of evidence in the Constitution that abortion rights is in the federal purvey. The Supreme Court legislated from the bench a right that does not exist. This issue belongs to the states, as directed by the Constitution. Some states will legalize abortion in all cases, some will outlaw it in all cases, the majority will find a middle ground. So be it. This is what the Founding Fathers intended. If the zealots on either side wish to force their opinion upon all of the states, they may do so through the amendment process. The Supreme Court does not have that right.

Of course, here in Arkansas, I import food and manufactured goods from other states. This constitutes interstate commerce. Therefore, the Supreme Court gets the right to legislate abortion rights upon Arkansas through the interstate commerce clause. Sure, THAT's exactly what the Founding Fathers intended!

Bob

Re: better qualified than.... [message #57144 is a reply to message #57143] Wed, 05 October 2005 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I'm sorry I am not sure what the situation is in Arkansas. How is it the Commerce Clause regulates abortion rights there?
The issue with abortion is whether there is a privacy right implied in the language of the Constitution. Without beating a dead horse I think in a personal vein that if that is true than it would be unconscionable to allow the states to take that right away. So I think that would be the issue at hand.
Interesting to see the arguments occuring this week on assisted suicide.
Scalia asked if allowing Doctors to use opiates to end a life would lead Doctors to prescribe opiates for the Mentally Depressed in order to make them happy. That is why I am not a fan of the court at this time; due to silly questions like that.
To tie your hands with proscriptions against ruling on anything not explicitely stated in the Constitution would seem disengenous to me.
Simply put; it seems that the Legislative power is there to accomplish anything the ruling party desires, consequently we have a Judiciary that can spread the cultural changes over a wide span.

Previous Topic: Fox news/good stuff/ Finally saying something good.
Next Topic: Peerless transformers, trademarks and intellectual property rights
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 03:35:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout