Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Janet Jackson
Janet Jackson [message #57037] Tue, 20 September 2005 06:53 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Gee; A woman shows her breast on TV and there are endless hours of congressional hearings full of self-righteous asswipes ranting on and on like it was a criminal conspiricy.
Katrina wipes out a city and kills hundreds and...Whaaat? I can't hear you. All of a sudden congress is deaf. No accountability here, no sir!

Re: Janet Jackson [message #57039 is a reply to message #57037] Tue, 20 September 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
seems like you need the correct amount of media play, spin, /public interes? Whos knows, right... Some things are important to a mass of people and some things are only important one or a handfull of persons.

Maybe if Janet whiped out here tit or Britney flashed her brown eye in a flood zone, the public interest could change?

Whats up with all the missing sex offendors? I just saw a thing on tv last night. Why not just tattoo sex offender on their forehead and mark them for life. nevermind the GPS tracking device.

Re: Janet Jackson [message #57041 is a reply to message #57039] Tue, 20 September 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
There is no chip that can be implanted. They established that on the news last night. When you think of a human shaped thing that can be a sex offender(I don't mean a 25 yr old sleeping with a 17 yr old who told him she was 22 and looked 28) you really have to question what human rights means.
When I saw that guy in Florida bawling his eyes out for his daughter I almost burned my copy of the Constitution. Cruel and Unusual be damned.
I say we use both.

Re: Janet Jackson [message #57042 is a reply to message #57041] Tue, 20 September 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

yeah for sure. I say fry them. There is clearly no place in society for some types. The accused in FL was repeat too.

Re: Janet Jackson [message #57047 is a reply to message #57042] Thu, 22 September 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheetah is currently offline  cheetah
Viscount
I usually don't find myself in agreement with you guys. Our political leanings are 180 degrees apart. But on this topic, I couldn't agree more.

I don't believe in capital punishment for deterence sake. Although it does gaurentee that the person punished thus, will never be able to kill again.

No. My stance on capitol punishment is that in not condemming the murderer; when said murder is committed with forthought, malice and cruelty; we send a subtle message to the victim's survivors that the scumbag's life is more prescious to us than the victim's life.

I'm not an eye for an eye type. But in the case of the type of henious acts you guys are talking about, the taking of one life really does demand the taking of another.

There is no other way to see justice done.

Joe

Re: Janet Jackson [message #57050 is a reply to message #57047] Sat, 24 September 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You have a good point; I don't see any problem with vengeance or retribution when it is warranted. Where people get confused is in the cracks, some people really don't deserve to continue living on earth; they made that descision and now should face the consequences.
The problem lies in dealing with all of the religous issues; as a christian you cannot support war or the death penalty without being a hypocrit. Remove that proscription and it all becomes easy; abuse a child and you die; thats all there is too it.
Put the punishment for crimes agianst humans above the severity of the punishment for crimes against property and it is amazing how simple the laws become.

Re: Janet Jackson [message #57051 is a reply to message #57050] Sat, 24 September 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
"Put the punishment for crimes against humans above severity of the punishment for crimes against property and it is amazing how simple the laws become."

The laws become even simpler if you have luck to live in one of those countries (majority, I think) where humen dignity, lives and property are not respected at all. Or they are respected selectively.

Re: Janet Jackson [message #57052 is a reply to message #57051] Sat, 24 September 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats why the vote's accountability must be held to the most rigorous standard. Each and every voter must have his vote counted; not appointed as we had in 2000.
Why are people lucky to live in a society of an elected administration?

People fought and died for that right. Thats why we fight a stupid police action in Iraq; draining the treasury and leaving the citizens vulnerable to huge natural disasters while the National Guard is farting around in some oil producing cabal; because the votes were not accurately counted the first time.
So in a nutshell demand your vote is counted; it's the only reason to fight. If all the votes are counted then no one can complain when they get the wrong incompetent guy to lead them or if they suffer from inappropriate laws or legal enforcement.

Re: Janet Jackson [message #57053 is a reply to message #57052] Sat, 24 September 2005 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Some researches of public opinion in "transition" countries showed that citizens mostly don`t believe in goverment, elections & votes, and don`t have a good opinion about politics & politicians, state, economics, future, etc. Who knows why, hehe...

Re: Janet Jackson [message #57054 is a reply to message #57053] Sat, 24 September 2005 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Have you been reading stuff on this forum? I think they did those surveys here.

Previous Topic: Piercing is just the beginning
Next Topic: Quotes of the Day...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:05:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout