Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » No. 1 ?
No. 1 ? [message #56388] Thu, 09 June 2005 10:46 Go to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
See the link - shocking or expected?
But, I think if those researches can be made in some other countries, that No.1 position would be hardly reteined:-). For example, I don`t know any of my friends who are 100% sane...

Re: No. 1 ? [message #56389 is a reply to message #56388] Thu, 09 June 2005 12:22 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Those results reflect the myriad of new definitions included in the current DSM. Many reject the increase of defined diagnoses considering them to be of dubious meritt. The real issue is why the treatment options provided by the mental health community have been curtailed to the extent that inpatient admissions are down over 50% while diagnosed conditions are up by the same amount. The truth is a very complicated amalgam of demographics, the destruction of the middle class by workplace demands and the insurance industries control over health care resources.
Simply put; the family unit and neighborhood co-hesion is the fundemental foundation upon which treatment must be promoted. When all the adults in the family work too many hours and the institutionalised systems that have the responsibility for care of the majority of people with mental health issues have their resources depleted by political fiat; there remains no possible structure that can provide help.
Due to shifting demographics; huge influx of alien populations and lack of resources I am afraid we will continue to hold this trophy.

Previous Topic: Say Damir
Next Topic: Ten Most Harmful Books of the 19th and 20th Centuries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:53:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout