Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Say Damir
Say Damir [message #56373] Mon, 06 June 2005 18:06 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
What are in the process of building now BTW? Are you using Guinevere?

Re: Say Damir [message #56375 is a reply to message #56373] Tue, 07 June 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Now, this is a good theme for the "Dungeon" forum, but not for the "Grup Build", I`m afraid...
Spleen (poetical), depression (medical), nihilism (philosophical), Luddism (political), or just laziness (common sense/mom)?
Don`t know, but I just can`t solder any more:-). Or read and write about it.
Of course, there`re some rational reasons, like still can`t get that custom PT, time & money problems, boring forums, etc.
But, maybe my religious beliefs don`t allow me to work too hard...

Re: Say Damir [message #56376 is a reply to message #56375] Tue, 07 June 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Boy; you are an interesting guy. Here in America people have a tendancy to avoid telling the truth about themselves. I see you don't have that problem. I have to agree; some of the forums are getting boring, it seems all we see is self absorbed narcissists posting pictures of themselves and their equipment while offering nothing of any use.
But Spleen; grab a copy of Atlas Shrugged ; and a Luddite; just beat up a bus.
Your a Nihilist? You should rent the movie Night Of The Living Dead.
Maybe you should go out and persecute a few heretics; you know , to keep busy.
Why can't you get the Transformer; and if you are in fact a luddite; then be careful you don't destroy it when it comes.
To Solder is to live.

Hmmm... [message #56378 is a reply to message #56376] Tue, 07 June 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Some irony is present in my speech, false pompous tone, a little "joke" about thematics and the tone of various forums/jurnalistic/politic things, and myself, too.
Nihilism, as I remember the "definition" by Nietzche is "radical loss of any sense - it`s the history of the 20th and 21st century".
And "why you can`t get the Transformer"- is it some kinky "surfers" slang/joke?:-) If you actually mean electric transformer - then it`s really kinky... I ordered PT from an reputable Dutch company...but they answer E-mails only on Mondays from 7-7.30 a.m., one or max. two sentences - my experience. Impossible communication. I`m still waiting:-). But not for long.

Re: Hmmm... [message #56379 is a reply to message #56378] Tue, 07 June 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I got the jokes; thats why I replied. If I didn't think they were jokes I would have passed them by. I thought it was a great combination of intuitive self-awareness and personal humility for you to make that post.
In other words that post was really funny and that caused me to reply. I caught the faux pomposity and the irony; believe me there was no mis-understanding.
So I offered my attempt at a humorous reply; the Luddite's
hated modern machines ; so I offer you should only kill a bus; you know that sort of thing. Nietzche is the father of 20th century angst; so I say watch Night of The Living Dead. Those are my little jokes.
The Transformer question was serious; no hidden meaning; I just wanted to know why it took so long.

Re: Hmmm... [message #56380 is a reply to message #56379] Tue, 07 June 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Thanks...It`s no easy for me to express myself on English...not to mention the grammar:-)
I watched old film by Romero (?), one of the classics of B-movies, but today I watch (almost) only Buffy, she`s my hero...
Those paradox things... Remember "Perfect day" song, from "Transformer" album, Lou Reed? "High" on beautiful emotions/love, and then you realized that`s some other kind of "high", and song ended with "You`re going to reap just what you sow"... but, this "warning" is so lazy, relaxed and "high", too...
Great moment of r`n`r, I liked it a lot - but I can`t listen to it anymore.
That`s about it...

Re: Hmmm... [message #56381 is a reply to message #56380] Tue, 07 June 2005 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I have never had a problem understanding your english; comes across loud and clear. I am sorry but I never followed Buffy; it was always on when I was not available but I know many who love the show.
The Transformer album; boy it has been a long time since I sat for that album.
I like his song," The Last Great American Whale."

Perfect Day; why is he not good? Why does he rejoice to feel for a moment like he is something good?
And what is it he will reap; the realisation that the end of the Perfect Day will result in a return to the dark reality of his life?

Re: Hmmm... [message #56382 is a reply to message #56381] Tue, 07 June 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Maybe this old Reed/Velvets song is "another side" of the Perfect Day?

Re: Hmmm... [message #56383 is a reply to message #56382] Wed, 08 June 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Damir; you didn't have to post the lyrics to that song; I have them committed to memory. The whole Any Warhol album spent endless hours on the table here. Heroin, All Tommorrows Parties, I'll Be Your Mirror; you name it I'll give you those lyrics straight from my head. They are burned into this brain from all nighters with the 8-track on repeat.
One of the all time great albums; turn it up..I like a Rising sound!
Do you read Hunter Thompson?

Re: Hmmm... [message #56384 is a reply to message #56383] Wed, 08 June 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
VU - yes, the same thing with me - the whole first album... I liked the 2nd, too, even others (without John Cale). I used to play some songs, more guitar-oriented (at least, my versions:-)).
I didn`t turn on my blackface "Deluxe Reverb" for about a year, and play the guitar very rarely, but funny thing - yesterday I played "White Light/White Heat" (just pling-plong, without amp)...
HT - no, just a little.

Previous Topic: So What
Next Topic: No. 1 ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 18:00:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers