Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Irritated with Amazon
Irritated with Amazon [message #56203] Tue, 12 April 2005 11:01 Go to next message
Dean Kukral is currently offline  Dean Kukral
Master
Towards the end of March, I placed an order with Amazon for several items which "usually ship within twenty-four hours." They gave me an expected delivery date of JUNE!!!! Like, TWO MONTHS later!!!

Granted, their delivery dates are useless, and stuff usually ships sooner than they say (a real flaw if you are expecting to be out of town and suddenly they ship your stuff), but, two months is ridiculous for stuff that is "supposed" to ship in 24 hours!!!

So, I saw at Best Buy one of the things that I ordered, and I went to cancel that item from my order (I suspected that it was the item holding up the order - to their credit, they do let you change orders before they ship - sometimes), but, they say that they are preparing my order for shipment and I can't cancel anything now. "Preparing your order for shipment." Does that mean it is going out this afternoon? (I'll follow up if it does.) Or does that mean that my stuff is on a slow boat from China (Literally!) and will not be here for two months, since they ordered (comitted) it for me?

"USUALLY SHIPS WITHIN TWENTY-FOUR HOURS"

Thanks for letting me vent.

Re: Irritated with Amazon [message #56205 is a reply to message #56203] Tue, 12 April 2005 15:15 Go to previous message
Dean Kukral is currently offline  Dean Kukral
Master
I wrote them a nasty letter, saying pretty much what I did above. They said that (when you ask for the free shipping) the orders are assembled from various places and shipped from one place. (No explanation for why this takes two months.) They also agreed to send me my stuff immediately with two-day shipping for free (a "one-time adjustment"). (Evidently the stuff was not on a boat from China.) I suspect that this means that the stuff may come in separate boxes from separate places.

The moral of the story, I think, is that when you are ordering from Amazon, break your order up into as small pieces as possible. I had an atomic clock in with books. I could have ordered them separately, I think.

Previous Topic: Irony and Pity
Next Topic: Bose
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 12:03:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout