Home » xyzzy » Tower » JonBenét Ramsey
JonBenét Ramsey [message #55477] Thu, 17 August 2006 08:59 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I know you guys all heard about the confession of John Mark Karr yesterday and today 'cause it's all over the news. But I felt I had to post a link to the story anyway, to put it in the archives here. It's just one of those creepy stories that we'll all remember for years to come.

It is just heart-breaking that JonBenét's mom died two months ago, and didn't live to see this. I understand she knew that investigations were pointing to John Mark Karr at the time she died. But, man, what a decade the family had to endure.

I must admit that when JonBenét was in the news every day when the story first broke ten years ago, I couldn't help but be a little bit suspicious of her parents. On one hand, you had to think there was no way parents could be involved. But on the other hand, watching a little girl paraded around on stage in those beauty contests kind of gave me the creeps. So I realized that there was no conclusion I should draw. Just a sad, weird story.

Re: JonBenét Ramsey [message #55480 is a reply to message #55477] Thu, 17 August 2006 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
There is a lesson in there. Don't believe everything you hear; think for yourself.

Re: JonBenét Ramsey [message #55487 is a reply to message #55480] Thu, 17 August 2006 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I don't believe anything from the media. They'll rush right in, just to make a story (even if there is no story to tell). On the other hand, this case isn't over yet, but the killer may have been caught. Or he may be a nut case or a patsy, who knows. I don't make any conclusions. What do you think?

Psychic's sketch [message #55488 is a reply to message #55487] Thu, 17 August 2006 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Sketch from '98 sure looks like Karr. Spooky

Re: Psychic's sketch [message #55489 is a reply to message #55488] Thu, 17 August 2006 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

What a trip! A psychic drew that? Looks just like him!

I smell bullshit [message #55490 is a reply to message #55489] Thu, 17 August 2006 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I hit the wayback machine and did not find that page.

Looks like this might be a snope page soon.

It's still bullshit but [message #55491 is a reply to message #55490] Fri, 18 August 2006 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I did find a page that at least references the sketch before the arrest.

Yea, what's up with that? [message #55500 is a reply to message #55477] Fri, 18 August 2006 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forty2wo is currently offline  Forty2wo
Master
Taking a 6 year old girl and making her up to be a sex symbol, is just plain wrong. She just a little girl.

I too found it creepy, just imagine what it could do to a sex offender. Why not just put up a sign "Yo perverts, over here."…John

Re: Yea, what's up with that? [message #55503 is a reply to message #55500] Sat, 19 August 2006 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Who do you blame? The parents are sucked into the whole thing with promises of money that will be put in trust for the child that could concievably pay for their entire education at a private college. Or lead to more work in the industry that as we all know pays rather well.
If you are faced with an offer that you know would put your son or daughter through Yale can you in good conscience refuse. I mean they always tell you that you are expected to be present at every event and that you will have the final word regarding anything involving her welfare. So what would you do?
My neighbor had a daughter who sang on Broadway. I saw that woman sleeping on the train at midnight sometimes five times a week or more. The sacrifices she made were enormous. But the kid now has a very sizable trust fund available to her at age 21.
Yet she did lose many years of normal childhood life.

Re: Yea, what's up with that? [message #55507 is a reply to message #55503] Sat, 19 August 2006 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Forty2wo is currently offline  Forty2wo
Master
They did not need the money...John

Previous Topic: Something Has Occurred To Me
Next Topic: Any openminded opinions regarding where the economy is going?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:16:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio