Home » xyzzy » Tower » Gay Marriage/ Looks like we are getting close to the Election season
Gay Marriage/ Looks like we are getting close to the Election season [message #55307] Fri, 02 June 2006 14:34 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hey George; lets take the minds of the yahoos off of Iraq/Katrina/Afghanistan/the Economy/The Heditha Scandal/ etc etc etc.

More Comics... :-) [message #55310 is a reply to message #55307] Sat, 03 June 2006 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Re: Gay Marriage/ Looks like we are getting close to the Election season [message #55313 is a reply to message #55307] Mon, 05 June 2006 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Hech the IRS doesn't even recognize a domestic partner. Must be too many gay DP's

I thought exxon and mobil was more of a domestic partner than a merger. they get nice tax breaks

Re: Gay Marriage/ Looks like we are getting close to the Election season [message #55314 is a reply to message #55313] Tue, 06 June 2006 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Want to hear the best part? In Massachusetts where they have been allowing same sex marriages for some time? There has been a rash of annulments of those same marriages once the partners found out that they had to share everything like a "real marraige".
The pensions/insurance/investments/wills/child support etc etc. All of a sudden the whole thing didn't look so great anymore.
The whole thing is a tempest in a teapot. If they get married and adopt some of the children sitting in foster homes where the christian right should be adopting kids and give those children a decent place to live and help them get by in life; why not? The so-called religous people just let them rot in those foster homes.

Re: Gay Marriage/ Looks like we are getting close to the Election season [message #55315 is a reply to message #55314] Tue, 06 June 2006 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)

I cant believe that the gay partners who all lined up to e married didn't realize the full implication of marriage laws. I'm all for marriage and It makes no never-mind to me who gets married. Hell if two squirrels can convince a judge to marry them, then good luck to them; as long as they know it will cost them their nuts to dissolve the holy bond...

Re: Gay Marriage/ Looks like we are getting close to the Election season [message #55316 is a reply to message #55315] Tue, 06 June 2006 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I have a friend who retired two yrs ago; him and his wife got sick of looking at each other so she filed for divorce. She got half of his pension and now he has to go back to work. Cheaper to keep her.

Re: Gay Marriage/ Looks like we are getting close to the Election season [message #55317 is a reply to message #55316] Tue, 06 June 2006 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Someday, maybe you wake up and the conversation over coffee is that she is leaving. not an option to keep anything. actually, she's leaving but wants you to leave. pay the mortgage so the kids have the same house. etc. pay for this that and the other thing. you can stand your ground and everything gets upset in the balance of nature. Any way you slice it. it can suck and cost huge dollars.
seen some friends do weird things. I think the lawyers make matters worse. Every so often there comes a couple that just wants to split and they are each independent and dont need to bother the other any more.

Re: Gay Marriage/ Looks like we are getting close to the Election season [message #55318 is a reply to message #55317] Wed, 07 June 2006 07:15 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yeah if there are no kids involved or the guy doesn't own a business. I am a man so anything I say will be circumspect; but woman are vindictive, it's in their nature. I have seen torments unmentionable inflicted on guys who might want to see their kids or be left alone. It can go the other way also but more often than not the guy wants a clean break; so he can be with his new chippy!

Previous Topic: Activist Judges; That Old Bugaboo
Next Topic: Posse Comittatus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 12:53:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout