Home » xyzzy » Tower » million readers a month
million readers a month [message #55011] Wed, 15 February 2006 05:37 Go to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
Wow Wayne, that's really impressive. Guess I'll make sure my grammar and punctuation are correct from now on.

BTW, have you got anything on the new eminence drivers yet? Like, prices?

Re: million readers a month [message #55012 is a reply to message #55011] Wed, 15 February 2006 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yes, I've even brought in some of their new components.

Re: million readers a month [message #55013 is a reply to message #55012] Wed, 15 February 2006 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Too late on the grammar LC they know us now.
Say Wayne; what is the story on these new Eminence drivers; is there a 12" that might make a high end two way? Maybe I'll take this over to the HE forum, I have been waiting for a very high quality smaller two way for a while now. Something around 3cu ft.

Re: million readers a month [message #55014 is a reply to message #55013] Wed, 15 February 2006 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

If you're talking about the Magnum 12HO, it has been around for a year or two. It's a good part when used similarly to a JBL 2206. But as such, it doesn't hit the low notes. It's a midbass/midrange driver. Good for small monitors, surrounds and satellite systems, things like that.

To tell the truth, I wasn't particularly excited about the new Eminence models. The HL10C has a small vent, and I don't trust it. The speakers using a shorting ring have changed too, and I'm not sure I want to design anything for them. Eminence has always made good bang-for-the-buck parts, but these new parts aren't anything I can get excited about.

Re: million readers a month [message #55015 is a reply to message #55013] Wed, 15 February 2006 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
"Too late on the grammar LC, they know us now."
In other words, we are making fools of ourselves (politics, bad jokes, arguing, tubes & tantalum resistors...) all the time, thinking that there`s only you, me, Mr. Vinyl and few other "politicians" here...
Never suspecting why Wayne is so "restrained" - he knows the truth!?

Re: million readers a month [message #55016 is a reply to message #55015] Wed, 15 February 2006 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Listen by the age of 53 hard years I can say what I need to say and the world be damned.
Like Popeye The Sailor Man said; "I yam what I yam and Thats All what I yam."
And Damir; remmember; No matter what we never cut and ran. We took the best they could dish out. We ate 'em up and spit 'em out. No hang fire here. We beat 'em like drums; Blah; blah, blah.
Pass that doob.

Re: million readers a month [message #55017 is a reply to message #55013] Wed, 15 February 2006 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

MB, I used some Magnum 12" not long long ago and they had a nice sound about them. I understad the Magnum 15" to be respected too.

Re: million readers a month [message #55018 is a reply to message #55017] Thu, 16 February 2006 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thanks Bill; maybe I'll run them through PiAlign. How did you use them?

Re: million readers a month [message #55020 is a reply to message #55018] Thu, 16 February 2006 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

3.4 cubic foot cabinet tuned around 30hz. also used a 2" coax compression driver for the mid and high. crossover points 800 and 6300.

The driver works well down to 35-40hz but is clean sounding. Maybe you want a small subwoofer with it? Up to you but I have been liking a nice tight midbass driver with a subwoofer for a tiny bit of low end, over the likes of a single woofer that reaches the lower frequencies. I find more often than not the sound gets muddied and I would rather live with out the strong 20-35hz.

I'm going to try some of the BMS 12" and 15" this summer and see how they sound. They advertise a triple shorting rings with Neo magnets and good specs. have to see when they arrive.

Re: million readers a month [message #55022 is a reply to message #55020] Thu, 16 February 2006 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The Eminence Magnums are going away. So get 'em while you can.

Previous Topic: Addicted to Foreign Oil? Recant That Statement
Next Topic: Cheney-Inspired Trivia
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 00:38:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout