Home » xyzzy » Tower » Judge Alito and death Penalty cases
Judge Alito and death Penalty cases [message #55007] Thu, 02 February 2006 19:16
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Perusing the blogs regarding the Judges rulings in ten cited examples gives a picture of a balanced and thoughtfull litigator paving a decidedly fair and carefull analysis of these issues.
In one case he decided in favor of a defendant who had exhausted his default options in the State of Pennsylvannia. Based on new evidence Alito superceded the State Statute in favor of another look at the circumstances in consideration of the death sentence imposed on the defendant.
In another case he offerd an opinion contrary to the prosecution regarding whether instructions to the jury were improperly issued at trial.
My point after reading through an analysis of ten rulings of the 3rd circuit court issued by Alito shows that he sided four times with the state; three times against the state; and three times in favor of further review.
That looks good to me; the fact that in capital cases he recognises the seriousness of the issue to find for the defendant if so warranted.
This current ruling indicates that same sense of fair play exhibited in those earlier cases.
Good link E-Man. I don't think the neo's got the hangin' Judge they think they got.

Previous Topic: Judge Alito
Next Topic: Addicted to Foreign Oil? Recant That Statement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 13:53:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout