Home » xyzzy » Tower » DeLay on the fat druggie's radio show.
DeLay on the fat druggie's radio show. [message #54524] Tue, 04 October 2005 16:52 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I can't believe these two; Abbott and Costello only high on opiates.
Great how his buddie's are bailing out on him; typical.

Re: DeLay on the fat druggie's radio show. [message #54525 is a reply to message #54524] Tue, 04 October 2005 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

I think rush is very smart guy. I dont listen because I think its a shame that the best ratings come from bashing people.
The guy could probably accomplish a great deal. Maybe he is. Just seems like the same thing for 10 years only a new name and face every few months.

Re: DeLay on the fat druggie's radio show. [message #54526 is a reply to message #54525] Tue, 04 October 2005 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I see your point but how serious can you take him when you know it is schtick? And he stole half of his persona from Bob Grant who I listened to for ten years in the late 80's to the 90's
I am not normally a conservative radio listener but Bob was good; he took no prisoners but he wasn't redundant and snide like Rush.
If you listen to the old tapes of Grant you can hear where a lot of the Cons get their stuff.

Re: DeLay on the fat druggie's radio show. [message #54528 is a reply to message #54526] Wed, 05 October 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I think that's just it though. The shpeal is mostly shtick. I don’t take much of it serious, I just feel that more deeply routed in the speaking there is intelligence that puts it all together. It would be wonderful to see all that effort go into positive things rather than all the bashing.
I see bashing from both sides, don’t like listening to too much right or left talk radio or programming. They all have an agenda and by and large the agenda is getting the other side. It's starting to get like petty street violence only with a microphone wearing a suit and tie.
Don’t get me wrong. I like the banter and gossip as much as the next. There just seems to be an awful lot of it because it makes the ratings soar. I watch both FOX news and CNN. They both have good people and retards. With the modern day media, cable TV and internet, a person could quite literally make a career out of 'keeping up on the news’ once in a while it's good to just be an Ostrich!

Re: DeLay on the fat druggie's radio show. [message #54529 is a reply to message #54528] Thu, 06 October 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yep; not only are you right but it is obnoxious even to listen to the straight news anymore. They appear so wary of violating some PC rule that everyone of them eithor flogs dead horses/repeats endlessly the same phrases or harrasses some poor schlub who decides to appear on the program who can't articulate his view as quickly as the host.
And the parade of experts; guys look like deer in the headlights.
Do you remmember Bill Buckley? The conservative TV talk show guy? From the 70's through the 90's; he moderated an interview show called The Firing Line? Talked very Boston aristocrat?

Re: DeLay on the fat druggie's radio show. [message #54530 is a reply to message #54529] Thu, 06 October 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yeah, Buckley was great to listen to. a political Carl Sagan?

Do you get a chance to watch Bill Maher? It's funny to watch and some good points but the guy has such an agenda, he's off the deep too. just sitting on the oposite side of the pool from Rush!

Re: DeLay on the fat druggie's radio show. [message #54531 is a reply to message #54530] Thu, 06 October 2005 09:03 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I gotta be honest here and say that while Maher says some funny things I am not a fan. He seems too pompous and self-aggrandizing. Arrogant is probably the word.
Full-of -himself maybe?
The beauty of Buckly is he never raised his voice or cut-off a geust; he just demolished them with his wit and erudition.( did I spell that right?) And he picked real intellects to challenge; not the straw men they use nowadays. I never agreed with him but couldn't get enough of him on TV.

I pine for the old days of Joe Pine and Allan Burke. This goes back to the 60's. Allan Burke sat in one of those hanging egg chairs and he had a goatee. Pine actually punched a guest once for disagreeing with him.
Ah; the good old days; when men were men and sheep were nervous.

Previous Topic: This Just In; Bush Appoints Judge Judy to Sup crt
Next Topic: Again with the buzzwords Legislation from the bench
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 09:50:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout