Home » xyzzy » Tower » A new face
A new face [message #54499] Tue, 20 September 2005 16:08 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Anyone read this article about how Doctors in Houston are preparing to do a face transplant?
The recipient does not get to choose before you ask. They have a list of candidates and are waiting for a donor.
They can't garauntee it will look the same as it did on the original owner.

Re: A new face [message #54500 is a reply to message #54499] Tue, 20 September 2005 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

I can hardly stop laughing long enough to ask "what the hell , are you talking about!"

Re: A new face [message #54501 is a reply to message #54500] Wed, 21 September 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Bill; I'm glad I brought a smile to your face. The funniest part is it's true. Thats why I posted it; it just seemed so weird to shop for a new face. Last night on the news they described how they will do it; first..they slice off the face from a cadaver including all nerves and small blood vessels....
Then they had a guy on who had a hand grafted on and he wanted it removed because it freaked him out.
Oh and BTW it's not Houston it's somewhere in Ohio.

Re: A new face [message #54502 is a reply to message #54501] Wed, 21 September 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I read the article...do you remember Mel Brooks B/W movie "Young Frankestein", and the scene where Gene Wilder teach the class that his name is Frankestin actually, not Frankestein?

Re: A new face [message #54503 is a reply to message #54502] Wed, 21 September 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Your a riot; I remmember that song,, Looking through Gary Gilmore's eyes! Used to be on the radio.

Re: A new face [message #54504 is a reply to message #54502] Wed, 21 September 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
yep, I remember that one too... good one Damir

How bout the movie with Nicolas Cage and John Travolta where they switched faces. I thought that was a good flick actually.

Re: A new face [message #54505 is a reply to message #54504] Wed, 21 September 2005 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Can you remmember movies well? I seem to hold onto certain flicks and I can watch others twenty times and I couldn't tell you what the ending was or who starred.
I had a co-worker who kept a TV and VCR in his locker. He watched Gunga Din/ZULU/The Alamo/Any movie where small numbers of American or British soldiers would defeat thousands of third world attackers.
He liked a movie called The Naked Prey; where some tribe chases a guy for five days through the Jungle.
You see what movies I remmember.
I started watching John Wayne recently/ Have Rio Bravo and Rooster Cogburn under the belt and now I am going for The Sons Of Katie Elder with Dean Martin as a cowboy.

Re: A new face [message #54511 is a reply to message #54505] Thu, 22 September 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)

No, I can't say I hold on to the movies all that well. I remember bits and pieces. Just enough to be frustrated that I should know. I pick up a movie at the rental place and say hey, how bout this one. The wife casually informs me that we've seen it!

I do like to watch movies though. I like to watch all of them too. I guess the horror flicks dont thrill me a lot. I love the home theater thing. I have a pretty big screen and some good speakers and a front end to shake the walls if needed. Sometimes I think I just watch the movies to listen to the theater sound.

I was on a modern day western kick a while ago. Starting with Silverado, tombstone, unforgiven....

Re: A new face [message #54513 is a reply to message #54511] Thu, 22 September 2005 12:57 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats funny; she reminds you. I used to really like movies; I even went into the city to see the ones that never made it out here. Now I am too lazy. Unforgiven is a big favorite though; I like movies with some realism; not a big special effects fan.
I liked Master and Commander recently; I thought they did a good job of staying with the program and whats his name..the Australian guy did a good job.

Previous Topic: So starting the third week after Katrina...
Next Topic: Hurricane Rita
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 19:30:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout