Home » xyzzy » Tower » So starting the third week after Katrina...
So starting the third week after Katrina... [message #54494] Sun, 18 September 2005 14:43 Go to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
and there's bugs everywhere - bugs and stuff that looks like bugs; toads, salamanders, lizards, frogs.

The funny thing is that the first few days there were no creatures around at all except the occasional bird, with one exception - butterflies. The very next morning there were butterflies darting in and out of all the stuff piled around the house.

You get a clear idea where some legends come from - it was quite odd to see.

Re: So starting the third week after Katrina... [message #54495 is a reply to message #54494] Sun, 18 September 2005 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Man you just wrote a good Hiaku!

Butterflies darting;
In and Out of all the stuff,
Piled around the house.

Believe me; that is the real thing. You can't fake this.
5/7/5
looking intently at the object irrespective of any other thought
the season expressed( butterflies come out in August)
nature in a mental photo

You're a regular Basho.
Can I submit that in your name to the international Haiku contest?

Re: So starting the third week after Katrina... [message #54496 is a reply to message #54494] Mon, 19 September 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Incredible.

The news is that people are starting to come back in and power is restored in a lot of places. Seems like they're all saying the lost of property is enormous, and the numbers they're talking about are way up there. But they're also saying they think a whole lot more people survived than first reported. I sure hope so.

It's hard to get a real picture from the news. Not hard, impossible. But I'm hoping for the best. Thanks for keeping us informed Charlie, and take good care.

Re: All the credit goes to you, John [message #54497 is a reply to message #54495] Tue, 20 September 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I certainly didn't recognize it - it's all due to your artistic sensitivity - I'm the original Philistine.

It's all yours buddy; good luck with it.

Re: All the credit goes to you, John [message #54498 is a reply to message #54497] Tue, 20 September 2005 06:11 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thanks Charlie;I hope it gave you a chuckle to see it. Try and lighten the day a tiny bit.
How's the dig out coming?

Previous Topic: So one head rolled so far
Next Topic: A new face
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 09:32:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers