Home » xyzzy » Tower » Bone to Pick
Bone to Pick [message #54358] Sat, 23 July 2005 09:21 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
My brother-in-law has a PHD in physics from Stanford. He was one of the guys working on the super-collider then they squashed that so he went to work for GE. He was laid off last year but he got good severance and stock options so he is looking for work. They have several teaching positions at universities he could take but he wants to do research. He has recieved some grants for some micr-biology stuff he likes but the grants came with a Caveat' he must follow regulations that don't cross-over into stem-cell research issues. I saw the paperwork, pages and pages.
All for some religous reason or other. Is this our future? Warriors and prayer but don't do any research!

Yes, if you want federal funding [message #54360 is a reply to message #54358] Sat, 23 July 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dean Kukral is currently offline  Dean Kukral
Master
Pehaps I could complain that I don't want to pay taxes for this evil, unnecessary war. Actually, I did, but I was out-voted by the religious hypocrits who say that stem cell research is "taking human life." Sheesh!

Re: Yes, if you want federal funding [message #54361 is a reply to message #54360] Sat, 23 July 2005 14:03 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
There is just no way to approach this stuff that makes any sense and doesn't leave you feeling like your one-eyed in the land of the blind. I don't like that because it sounds too grandiose on my part; but what else can you think about all this contradictory nonsense?

Previous Topic: Very cool site
Next Topic: So the new supreme pick
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:06:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout