Home » xyzzy » Tower » HE05 objectivist vs subjectivist mp3 !!
HE05 objectivist vs subjectivist mp3 !! [message #54260] Sun, 08 May 2005 23:51 Go to next message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Teeheehee!

-Just waiting for the argument to degenerate :P

The recording of the Atkinson vs Arny debate at Home
Entertainment 2005 is now available.

Mike.e

Subtitle: "How about a nice cup of who gives a shit?" [message #54261 is a reply to message #54260] Mon, 09 May 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

A writeup of a debate between a magazine's editor and his nemesis of the hour. Said writeup being on said magazine's website. See "Reviewers - Is it possible for them to be unbiased?"

Re: Subtitle: "How about a nice cup of who gives a shit?" [message #54262 is a reply to message #54261] Mon, 09 May 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Its quite funny to listen to!

I simply cant believe that sighted tests produce anything useful when your trying to make an unbiased decision.

Stereophile editor then complains that ABX testing is designed to produce null results ! haah and further considers that ABX testing shuts off parts of the brain -so your being too analytical and not listening to the music I guess!bahh

Also,I just dont get any information from some one else describing what the music sounds like!

At one point arny makes a point,to which stereophile editor can only reply 'ok...........lets open the floor for more questions'

Mike.e

Re: Subtitle: "How about a nice cup of who gives a shit?" [message #54263 is a reply to message #54262] Mon, 09 May 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I thought it was pretty funny too. But then again, I really didn't give a shit. I thought the whole debate was pointless, an excercise in making up something to talk about.

Re: Subtitle: "How about a nice cup of who gives a shit?" [message #54264 is a reply to message #54261] Mon, 09 May 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
One thing in the write-up did seem worthy of note -

"By the end of the hour... you would have been certain that Arnold B. Krueger was God and John Atkinson was a pathetic girly man."

Ummm, seems right to me.

Re: Subtitle: "How about a nice cup of who gives a shit?" [message #54265 is a reply to message #54264] Mon, 09 May 2005 05:42 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Previous Topic: America's Fuel Program
Next Topic: The 400-Horsepower Club
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 07:40:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers