Home » xyzzy » Tower » NHL cancels 2004-2005 season
NHL cancels 2004-2005 season [message #54216] Thu, 17 February 2005 00:33 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Did you hear that the NHL cancelled the 2004-2005 season?

Re: NHL cancels 2004-2005 season [message #54217 is a reply to message #54216] Thu, 17 February 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Nobodies watching anymore anyway. Hockey fans are fair weather. All of sports is becoming obnoxious. Big fat ballplayers pumping juice by the quart. Four hour football games with 1000 commercial breaks. Quarterbacks who get sick all the time. The rise of the Slam-Dunk Nation. Watch films of the old Knicks and see; Passing; Help Side Defense; Shooting; Ball Handling. Little things called fundamentals. Now we create 12 yr. old phenoms that know nothing of the game except the slam. Anybody have kids in sports? See what is involved at the 13 yr. old level??? 2800$ for a summer tournament league for 12 yr. olds. There is now in Virginia a baseball high school that costs 50k to attend. And that is only tuition, there are private lessons at 70$ per hr. and so on. Funny how the NBA superstars were trounced at the Olympics by largely unknowns playing simple post-up ball. I swear I am going to start watching Rugby; thats a game!

Re: NHL cancels 2004-2005 season [message #54218 is a reply to message #54217] Thu, 17 February 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
"Ultimate fight" - that`s the sport for the real man! Like one of my friends said - "I enjoy watching those macho-man kicking each other, then wrestling on the floor, and both dressed only in their panties...:-)" Big thing in Japan, and here in Croatia we have one of the best fighters - Mirko Filipovic (believe or not, the member of the parliament).
IMO - commercial interests/money slowly killing sport like music, for example. Interesting scandal these days - sports "mafia", (partly of Croatian origin) by corruption (players and referees) fixed results in Bundesliga (some says after they done it with our soccer). Some people really win the pools...

Re: NHL cancels 2004-2005 season [message #54219 is a reply to message #54218] Thu, 17 February 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You would think the bettors would want it right. I hate to say it and don't know your age but; it really was better back in the Old Days. BTW is that the name of a city? Bundesliga?
You guys are sending us some good B-Ball players. Is that a big sport by you?

Re: NHL cancels 2004-2005 season [message #54221 is a reply to message #54217] Thu, 17 February 2005 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Boy is that the truth. It's too bad the team sports we and other kids grew up with are more about the players and the corporations now. It's even difficult for middle class to attend large venu sports.

I love hockey and follow it more than anything else. Whats your favorite team? "dont know where they are these days"
Who's your favorite player? "Dont know any players"
But I love hockey, follow it like the sun as I pay close attention to 2 or 3 games a year. I guess its more fun to be a fan, when they play.

Re: NHL cancels 2004-2005 season [message #54222 is a reply to message #54219] Thu, 17 February 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Huh, I wrote it wrong, sorry for my bad English - it`s the German national soccer league.
Our handball representation was 2nd in the World these days.
But, I`m not a sports fan.

Re: NHL cancels 2004-2005 season [message #54223 is a reply to message #54221] Fri, 18 February 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yeah Bill you hit that mark. Try taking your kid to a Yankee game, it's over a hundred bucks for two and those are upper tier seats. 5$ for a hotdog. You could feed half of Bangladesh for the price of dinner.
What is going on??? Is this the new millenium> It sucks.
I used to go to Islander games but the fans are too annoying. They were adopted by all the Lawyers and Doctors when they were winning and as soon as they lost a game the stands were empty.
Night Baseball; go back to playing in the daytime; get rid of middle inning relief pitchers; the designated hitter rule. Who wants to watch a 31/2 hr. baseball game?

! [message #54250 is a reply to message #54217] Sat, 23 April 2005 21:57 Go to previous message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)
wow sports here are nothing like that here, rugby is only professional quite recently too. I too disagree with huge wasting of money that has the potential to do so much good. Consumerism at its extreme in particular.

Previous Topic: The "Oops" List
Next Topic: America's Fuel Program
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 00:49:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout