Home » xyzzy » Tower » Dumb cops
Dumb cops [message #53927] Wed, 14 April 2004 04:53 Go to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Over the last 3 days heres what I've seen on the news:

A police officer fined an 18 year old for sitting in a parked car without his seatbelt on and got 6 demerit points. He is a 1st year 'P' plater where he gets maximum 4 demerit points for that year, and now he looses his license. The car was parked in a legal parking spot on a street.

A police officer fined another man for using his fog lights when there was no fog which is against the law. The catch? His car doesn't even have fog lights, but he was told he had to pay.

A police officer fined a man on the street because his mobile phone ringtone was too loud.

And just a couple of months ago, several people were fined for having little keychain sort of stuff hanging from the rear view mirror, police claimed it obstructed the drivers view of the road. It clearly didn't when they showed it on TV.

A few months back, a police officier came out of his home to fine a man who honked his horn in front of the house where he was picking up some people. 'Unlawful horn honking'.

I'm beginning to think the police are there just to make money now. Whats next? Get fined for walking across a road when you could have taken the foot bridge?

Re: Dumb cops [message #53928 is a reply to message #53927] Wed, 14 April 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Pisses me off when cops start acting like this, seems like they just get bored and start picking on people for bullshit reasons like this. Maybe you should get some real crimes going down there like gang shootings, murders, bank robberies, etc. to keep them busy for a while (just kidding),rather than picking on innocent people like us.

Bill(where'd I lay my ouzi down now)W.

Re: Dumb cops [message #53929 is a reply to message #53928] Wed, 14 April 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Maybe all the cops want a pay rise but the chief says they need to find ways to haul in more revenue first :p

Re: Dumb cops [message #53930 is a reply to message #53927] Wed, 14 April 2004 09:19 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I'd like to hear what Sam Kinison would have said. He always had words of wisdom in matters such as these.

Previous Topic: Kentucky Derby 2004
Next Topic: Tornadoes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 21:48:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout