Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Monsters, Inc.and Affliction
Monsters, Inc.and Affliction [message #5343] Thu, 12 August 2004 17:33 Go to next message
Auntie Polly is currently offline  Auntie Polly
Esquire
Such a great movie! Would have never known with grown-up kids but it was recommended.
Wonderful story line and fabulous subtle facial expressions of the Monsters. And the Door Scene!
Great irony is that night before, Netflix deposited on my doorstep tour de force "Affliction" featuring James Coburn, the voice of the Crab guy!!!!!!!
``I met with Coburn before the picture began,'' Schrader told me, ``and told him how carefully Nolte prepares for a role. I told Coburn that if he walked through the movie, Nolte might let him get away with it for a day, but on the second day all hell would break lose. Coburn said, `Oh, you mean you want me to really act? I can do that. I haven't often been asked to, but I can.' '' He can.
Haven't seen Affliction? Treat yourself.
Haven't seen Monsters. Inc.? Shoot yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Monsters, Inc.and Affliction [message #5344 is a reply to message #5343] Thu, 12 August 2004 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Thanks for the recommendation, Bill. I'll have to check that one out. Same for Shrek - I heard good things about that movie, and not just from parents of young kids.

I haven't watched the animated movies since Toy Story came out. I wasn't ever into animations, but went to see Toy Story to see Pixar's work. That's kind of ironic because most everything has animations these days. I think the distinction for me is photorealistic animations verses cartoon animations, even when done in 3D. But whatever the case, I think I'll give Monsters and Shrek a watch and something tells me I'm gonna love 'em.

Re: Monsters, Inc.and Affliction [message #5345 is a reply to message #5344] Thu, 19 August 2004 13:30 Go to previous message
mollecon is currently offline  mollecon
Master
Haven't seen "Monsters,Inc" - but I have seen Shrek 1, and that's great! The role as the donkey is the best Eddie Murphy has played for YEARS. I'm gonna go see Shrek 2 also, but it hasn't come up here yet. Another animated (in the cartoonish sense) movie I liked was "Ice Age", though that one is probably a bit more child leaning (whatever that means...) than Shrek. I think you'll like these movies, Wayne.

Previous Topic: And now for something completely different....
Next Topic: Boondock Saints
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 19:33:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout