Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Mid-horn flatpack
Mid-horn flatpack [message #53268] Sun, 01 March 2009 10:15 Go to next message
vetmed is currently offline  vetmed
Esquire
This item was mentioned by someone on the high efficiency forum and although I can order it on the pi speakers website I can't seem to find any info on it. Can someone enlighten me? TIA

Re: Mid-horn flatpack [message #53269 is a reply to message #53268] Sun, 01 March 2009 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The flat pack kits contains all the parts needed to build a midhorn. It comes with Miller dowels for easy assembly.

However, since Brad Smith died, we're working on alternate suppliers and so flat pack kits probably won't be available again until spring or early summer.

Re: Mid-horn flatpack [message #53273 is a reply to message #53269] Sun, 01 March 2009 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris R. is currently offline  Chris R.
Viscount
Wayne,
I assume that Brad was your cabinet guy? Really sorry to hear that. Was he the one making your HT wood horns also?
Chris

Re: Mid-horn flatpack [message #53274 is a reply to message #53273] Sun, 01 March 2009 21:44 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

For the last several years, I've worked with two shops. One did all the CNC work and provided cut parts to the other shop, which did assembly and finish work. Brad was the main guy at the shop that did assembly. So I can still get CNC parts made, which is the majority of what's involved to make the wood tweeter horns and the 12π basshorn subs. But all the other cabinets were done almost solely at Brad's shop.

I've been working with another shop, and they've built some three π subs for me. They did a great job, and I was really impressed. I'm going to try them on some other cabinets next. Some take special jigs that Brad made, and I expect the new shop willl want to do something similar. Once I think they're comfortable with all my loudspeakers, I'll start taking orders for finished boxes and midhorn flatpack kits again.

Previous Topic: port
Next Topic: 7pi XO points
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 14:41:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout