Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Target transfer function for 4pi?
Target transfer function for 4pi? [message #52794] Tue, 21 October 2008 18:29 Go to next message
badman is currently offline  badman
Chancellor
Hi Wayne: I have some of the JBL 4725s I'd previously asked about, and an active crossover. I'd love to see what this similar driver/cab configuration sounds like with the 4Pi crossover function, but need to know what I'm shooting for in terms of FR shaping.

Thanks for any information you're willing to give!

Re: Target transfer function for 4pi? [message #52798 is a reply to message #52794] Wed, 22 October 2008 11:22 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I use a slightly overdamped cabinet for smooth bass rolloff and CD equalization on the tweeter for even power response. The loudspeaker response curve and other performance data is shown at the following link:

If you're just looking for information about the tweeter circuit, the chart below shows the signal presented to the compression driver. It uses a network that provides 6dB/octave augmentation after an initial shelf of flat response. This is the conjugate of the compression driver's power response, and is required when using constant directivity horns.

Previous Topic: How important is the Horn ?
Next Topic: 2 pi as a in-wall speaker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:57:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout