Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Subwoofers are dialed in and loving it.
Subwoofers are dialed in and loving it. [message #52780] Mon, 20 October 2008 00:20 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
They're now placed right across from each other which I didn't expect would work but they needed to be balanced in terms of distance from my listening chair even tho' conventional wisdom says below 60 hz the sound isn't directional. 2 subs make it so much easier to keep the bass, kick drums and tympani where they belong.

I'm so glad I went sealed. With the gain at just the right level and the crossovers at slightly above 60 Hz the music sounds as though the 2226s extend down to 25 hz on their own w/o any boom; there is no hint that the subs are in the room.

On rock 'n roll electric bass and kick drum there is more punch as well as crystal clear low bass notes that were just grumbles previously.

With large symphonic the tympani is more clearly heard and deeper in the soundstage. Low double bass notes and tuba are also more clear and at slighly higher, but not obtrusive, volume.

Pi a la mode!

Re: Subwoofers are dialed in and loving it. [message #52783 is a reply to message #52780] Mon, 20 October 2008 11:23 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sounds like a great setup, Bill. I'm setting up in my new home, and my arangement is probably going to end up very similar to that. I think it's a great way to go.

Previous Topic: Four Pi speaker cabinet plans?
Next Topic: How important is the Horn ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 03:09:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout