Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » High Efficiency
Re: I'm further South [message #52699 is a reply to message #52697] Wed, 01 October 2008 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
ummm, spending thousands of dollars? dealers? you've stumbled into a largely diy community here...we drive friends crazy who have spent tens of thousands of dollars at the high-end dealers and can't figure out why their system doesn't sound anywhere near as good as ours. If you post on here or on Bottlehead forum, or some other diy boards, it's likely you can find someone who will let you listen to their system, or even better, you can find a group get-together and hear a lot of gear at once.

Re: I'm further South [message #52700 is a reply to message #52699] Wed, 01 October 2008 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pretzel_logic is currently offline  pretzel_logic
Esquire
I know this is DIY and I stumbled onto this site originally on Audio Asylum. I don't mind DIY, I've built a couple kits but never speakers. When it comes to this stuff I need good directions but I can build cabinets, the electronics, well I can solder and follow a schematic to a small degree.

But as I said I don't want to spend thousands, I already have on my TT and amp, pre... Obviously the source and the final output is what matters most and I know I can do better on the speakers.

I still need to somehow lower my gain on the pre if possible because I hate to try and sell my amp and then go SET. I'll just have to try and keep my options open...

Brian

Re: One solution [message #52701 is a reply to message #52698] Thu, 02 October 2008 20:25 Go to previous message
pretzel_logic is currently offline  pretzel_logic
Esquire
Thanks Bill, I'll do some sleuthing because I know I'm not getting the most from this amp. It sounds great as is but I know it can do a lot better. Seeing as the Klipsch's are a mid fi speaker, at least mine, and I haven't heard better in my system I'm open to all ideas. I definitely want to upgrade the output/speakers as I can only tweak my table so much, or tube roll.

I really haven't had a lot of time to do much sleuthing but winters coming so that in itself will free up more time.

Brian

Previous Topic: Another important Pi tweak
Next Topic: Two Pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 08:59:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers