Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Another important Pi tweak
Another important Pi tweak [message #52675] Fri, 26 September 2008 06:40 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Decals! It ain't a Pi without'm.

Thanks, Wayne.

Re: Another important Pi tweak [message #52676 is a reply to message #52675] Fri, 26 September 2008 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

My pleasure, Bill. Your speakers look great!

Thanks for all the ideas for finishing tips, mounting methods, damping materials, etc. You've provided a wealth of helpful insights on the forums over the years.

Re: They look more like tired old hound dogs... [message #52677 is a reply to message #52676] Fri, 26 September 2008 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
...than woofers, don't they?

Is there anything to put on the cones that doesn't mess up the sound?

Please, no Damar or C-37 responses!

Re: They look more like tired old hound dogs... [message #52678 is a reply to message #52677] Fri, 26 September 2008 16:25 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Are they just discolored from sun? Or it looks like a few spots, maybe bleached from drops of something?

You can always dye or paint the cones, but that will change them. I know that's the problem you are worried about. The obvious answer is to recone, but that's not real cheap.

I suggest calling David Miller at Speakerworks (800-526-8879) and ask him. If anyone will know how to make the color uniform, it would be him. I'm afraid the only way to do it right is to recone, but it can't hurt to ask. He won't tell you "recone" just to get the business, in fact, sometimes I want a recone and he suggests a less expensive repair instead. So give him a call and let us know what he says.

Previous Topic: Anyone try damping the CH-290 horns yet? nt
Next Topic: High Efficiency
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:10:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout