Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » My .5 Pi Center Channel
My .5 Pi Center Channel [message #52575] Thu, 04 September 2008 23:31 Go to next message
crazychile is currently offline  crazychile
Baron

No this is not an official or endorsed Wayne design........

In late Spring of this year I built a pair of 2 Pi Towers to use in my small home theatre system with my 6 year old 1 Pi's as rear channel. I needed a center channel so what I did was use the same Xover and tweeter thats used in the 2 Pi Tower and teamed it with an Eminence 6A midrange driver. The cabinet was built to the large ported box specs (.8 cu ft, I believe) from the official Eminence data sheet. I built the box so the front panel was only slightly larger than what was required to physically accommodate the drivers.

I really like how this speaker works with the system. The midrange is very open, so for movies its pretty articulate. There is no bass to speak of (probably not much below 90Hz) but thats what you have main speakers (and/or a sub )for. I'll bet if someone needed something smaller than a 1 Pi for a room these would sound great with a small powered sub.

Keep in mind that this speaker is NOT video shielded, so it can't be used with a standard CRT. I have mine in a metal Standesign rack below an LCD display and its perfect.

Eat Mo' Hot Sauce,
crazychile

Re: My .5 Pi Center Channel [message #52577 is a reply to message #52575] Fri, 05 September 2008 13:12 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sounds like a really neat speaker. Can you post photos of your system?

Previous Topic: Midhorn Flat Pack Kit???
Next Topic: Jeff Jewett does it again
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 14:03:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout