Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » I will check the cables first...I will check the cables first...I will check the cables first...
I will check the cables first...I will check the cables first...I will check the cables first... [message #52555] Fri, 29 August 2008 22:51 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I will check the cables first... I will check the cables first...I will check the cables first...I will check the cables first...

Don't ask.

Don't ask? [message #52557 is a reply to message #52555] Sun, 31 August 2008 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's like starting a compelling story and stopping just before the end. You gotta let us here the rest!

Re: Don't ask? [message #52560 is a reply to message #52557] Sun, 31 August 2008 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hardly compelling; discovering a ground fault hum when first powering up Friday, I went after the known loose RCA females attached to the Faraday cage of my tonearm. 4 hours later, I can now field-strip an SME III in the dark but everything is OK except I can discern no way to tighten the crimp-on connectors to the cage.

Turning to the phono IC's, I discover no continuity for the right channel neutral in about 10 seconds and fix it in 10 minutes.

As others have reported, the Eichmann Bullet neutral pin is fragile and had broken right where it inserts into the plastic collar. I "glued" it back together with solder so expect it to fail again. No more Eichmanns for me.

Re: Don't ask? [message #52562 is a reply to message #52560] Sun, 31 August 2008 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
I thought you might have done what I did with the last pair of new speakers- I got a phone call after moving them in position, got off, and went back and turned everything on for a listen and silence. After a brief panic, I realized I had unhooked the cables from the other speakers, but hadn't connected the new ones yet...

Re: Don't ask? [message #52563 is a reply to message #52560] Sun, 31 August 2008 22:41 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yikes, I hear you. Can't stand having fragile little connectors like that.

Previous Topic: Woofer for Econowave
Next Topic: 2-Pi BASS ???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 03:58:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout