Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Is it Sunday yet?
Is it Sunday yet? [message #52508] Tue, 19 August 2008 22:13 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Got this far this past Sunday but I'm working a schedule this week through Sunday that will keep me from applying the veneer until then. So I listen to the BatSpeakers in the corners and pretend the music is coming from the new guys. Is that twisted?

Re: Is it Sunday yet? [message #52511 is a reply to message #52508] Tue, 19 August 2008 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
they look good! I'll bet you're going to enjoy them! It sure is a good looking design to get that much speaker in that size box. I've got two pair sitting in my living room right now, mine, and a set I built for a friend. I'm tempted to try them both at the same time, but haven't yet.

Re: Got pix? nt [message #52513 is a reply to message #52511] Tue, 19 August 2008 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Re: Got pix? nt [message #52515 is a reply to message #52513] Wed, 20 August 2008 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
None digital- next time my daughter comes over I'll ask her to take some. Both have the horns surface-mounted and look very good. I'm not sure the flush-mount would be a benefit with this design.

Re: Is it Sunday yet? [message #52516 is a reply to message #52508] Wed, 20 August 2008 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Looks great, Bill. I see your side to side brace. Do you also have one front to back, between the woofer and tweeter?

Re: Is it Sunday yet? [message #52520 is a reply to message #52516] Thu, 21 August 2008 11:04 Go to previous message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Just the window brace so far. I still have to JBL-it with some 2x4.

"Bracing
The goal of cabinet bracing is to make the cabinet as rigid and resonance-free as possible. Bracing made of 2x4’s or
75mm (3-inch) pieces of the (birch) ply should be applied inside the cabinet. The braces should be placed at slightly
odd intervals on the panels and liberally glued and screwed down on edge. The glue on the braces accomplishes all
the stiffening needed so be careful to apply enough glue. Use one piece of bracing on panels between 300 mm and
600 mm (12" to 24"), two pieces on panels between 500 mm and 1200 mm (18" to 36"), and three pieces on larger
panels. The baffle cutout disc that is normally discarded can be glued and screwed down to one of the box panels
for additional stiffening." - JBL Professional Encloseure Guide

Worked really well on some enclosures I built for Spkrman.

Previous Topic: S/Hand JBL 2226's in need of a re-cone
Next Topic: Inductor for New 4 Pi crossover
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 16:38:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout