Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » stuffing midhorn back chamber?
stuffing midhorn back chamber? [message #52458] Thu, 14 August 2008 13:08 Go to next message
Chris R. is currently offline  Chris R.
Viscount
Wayne,
I tried searching for this but either got zero hits or too many to read. The question is whether or not to add some fiberglass to
the inside of the box around the midhron driver. Is so, how much and where? I remember seeing the trick about the 1/2 tennis ball too.

Let just say that making these horns was a challenge for me. If there's a next time, either I'll figure out how to make 3D drawings
in a CAD program, get my trig skills together and mae sure I can manage all the compound angles, or just buy the kits from you.

Thx, Chris

Re: stuffing midhorn back chamber? [message #52459 is a reply to message #52458] Thu, 14 August 2008 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Loosely fill the rear chamber with R11 or R13. Here is a post with the links you're talking about, with the rubber ball brace and some other useful tips:
Re: stuffing midhorn back chamber? [message #52460 is a reply to message #52459] Thu, 14 August 2008 16:10 Go to previous message
Chris R. is currently offline  Chris R.
Viscount
Thanks! Those were the exact posts I was looking for. Aside from this final assembly, I'm ready to try these things out.
Chris

Previous Topic: Two Towers tweeters
Next Topic: Open baffle subs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 05:43:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers