Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » seven Pi midhorn
seven Pi midhorn [message #52423] Thu, 07 August 2008 16:57 Go to next message
Paolo is currently offline  Paolo
Esquire
Hi Wayne,im working around the seven midhorn,the question: is possible turn the sqare throathorn into a round throat? If yes how the diameter?
Thank you

Re: seven Pi midhorn [message #52424 is a reply to message #52423] Thu, 07 August 2008 17:07 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Adrian Mack did a horn like that and its response looked pretty good. I chose a square throat because I could match the flare pieces nicely. But either way, there are path length differences that chew up some of the upper frequencies.

My thinking was if I used a square thoat, the flare transition would be pure. The path length differences are within the compression chamber, but without a phase plug, there are path length differences using any throat shape. The compression chamber forms a low-pass filter, and the path length issues add to that. It becomes a variable, where cone and dust cover size and shape affect the response. This set of variables is hard to model without FEA, so you pretty much have to build and test. Every model of driver will be different.

Previous Topic: Is it possible to derive Le?
Next Topic: Anybody try these B&C aluminums?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 14:31:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio