Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Is it possible to derive Le?
Is it possible to derive Le? [message #52419] Wed, 06 August 2008 20:00 Go to next message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Hi Wayne. I wonder if we can derive Le (@1kHz) for a driver(?), having all the other T/S parameters for the same driver. I know there is a relation with Mms (and that there is another relation with Cms) but I am not sure if we can get it, or close. I have the measuring tools (from Kirshner/Germany) but I need a new laptop to put them to work, in the long run. I also congratulate you for the help you give, to all of us, on the diyAudio Forums.
Thanks

Re: Is it possible to derive Le? [message #52420 is a reply to message #52419] Wed, 06 August 2008 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think it might be more useful to measure it. It'll give you an excuse to get that measurement system running!

Be sure to measure at various drive levels.

Re: Is it possible to derive Le? [message #52421 is a reply to message #52420] Thu, 07 August 2008 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Great, Wayne. It's a compression driver. Any special care with it's Fs?

Re: Is it possible to derive Le? [message #52422 is a reply to message #52421] Thu, 07 August 2008 12:53 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Well, yes, I think I would not allow any LF signals to be generated. Start the sweep relatively high, just under the frequencies of interest.

Previous Topic: Matching directivity in the vertical and the horizontal planes
Next Topic: seven Pi midhorn
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:48:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout