Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Premium Stage 4 Pi - what are they worth? (Pics)
Premium Stage 4 Pi - what are they worth? (Pics) [message #52410] Mon, 04 August 2008 13:58 Go to next message
Colin is currently offline  Colin
Chancellor

Hi Everyone,

Built these about 7 years ago and really enjoyed them in my old house, but unfortunately just don't have the room for them in my new place. I hope I'm not breaking any rules here, but I do plan to advertise them locally and potentially parting them out (drive units and crossover) on Ebay as shipping these monsters would cost a small fortune. I might just keep the cabinets and perhaps someday will build some newer, updated Pi's using them.

For those who remember, the Premium Stage 4 Pi used to be based on the Eminence 15" Kilomax, PSD 2002 compression driver, the Eminence 1k6 crossover with Wayne's tweeter compensation mods, and the cabinet design is modified with an EBS alignment for nice bass extension down in the mid 40Hz range. Cabinets are 3/4" MDF, then have 1/8" birch veneer and a little bit of bubinga trim on the sides near the top and bottom on each side.

What are these worth? What can I expect to get for the drive units? If anyone is interested, drop me a note and I'll be sure to contact you when they go up on ebay. Or, if you happen to be in the Calgary, Alberta, Canada area, you could come and check them out.

Colin

Re: Premium Stage 4 Pi - what are they worth? (Pics) [message #52413 is a reply to message #52410] Tue, 05 August 2008 11:35 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

If they were new, they'd sell for about $900.00 each, depending on wood and finish. However, new speakers have a much better crossover than the one that was available 7 years ago.

Previous Topic: I decided to quit fooling around
Next Topic: need advice in repairing RTR300D
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 05:01:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout