Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi 2
Pi 2 [message #52365] Tue, 22 July 2008 01:59 Go to next message
DanTheMan is currently offline  DanTheMan
Viscount
I've been using Pi 2s for a few months that I borrowed from a friend to test out their SEP capatibility. Well to be honest, I thought they sounded a bit dull with my particular SEP. However, I put them in with a small SS amp(the 25watt RatShack beast)http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=126730 and the speakers came out of their shell, but still didn't live up to their lineage I thought. Then I slowly began placement changes. Now they are near, not tight, the corners, but about 2 feet from the rear and 1 ft to the side and all I can say is "wow!" I knew these had it in them. Due to the shape of my listening space I can't do a whole lot of other placement experimentations, but I'd be happy with these here for a long time to come. At this moment I am listening to them with a 1/2watt battery powered amp and it still kicks! I can go a little louder than I need most of the time with less than 1/2 watt! The bass is actually impressive from this set-up. Everything seems balanced and there seems to be no harsh spots. Simply amazing IMO from such a modest set-up. I have about $10 with the battery in this amp. Even my wife said that the apartment doesn't need any more volume. Overall, I'd say Bravo Wayne for the design and kudos to Skip for building these things so beautifully. Simply outstanding for the price, and pretty darned good at any price.

Re: Pi 2 [message #52372 is a reply to message #52365] Tue, 22 July 2008 21:44 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Nice mini-review, thanks!

Previous Topic: Lower tweeter placement in 7Pi
Next Topic: Four Pi crossovers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 13:36:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio