Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Speaker and amp building stuff I found today
Speaker and amp building stuff I found today [message #52350] Sat, 19 July 2008 20:41 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I visited our local Rockler affiliate today and picked up a couple of parts I thought I may not be the last to find out about.

First up is a 1/2" shank, 1/4"x1 1/2" SOLID CARBIDE spiral up-cut router bit perfect for the Jasper Jig. Price $28.50. That seems a great deal.

Next, a Starrett angle meter that clamps magnetically to your saw blade and has an analog dial read out. $15.99.

Whilst surfing around for IEC power entry modules from Allied, Digikey and Mouser I decided to see if I didn't have to spend $15 or $20 dollars. Wen tover to Parts Express and found they finally expanded their offeeings to power entry. Got some IEC with fuse holder snap-ins for $1.64 each - 4+. A buck 64! Cool!

I love to save money, how come I'm poor?

Re: Speaker and amp building stuff I found today [message #52358 is a reply to message #52350] Sun, 20 July 2008 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Thanks Bill for the heads up on the spiral router bit, and magnetically clamping angle meter. These parts look like a must have when I get to my speaker cabinets.
I like the idea of the magnetic angle meter, should be very precise, and convenient for sure.

About the being broke part. Well, I can relate to that almost every day of the week.

I always thought unless buying something that one really needs, you can't save any money by spending it.
But, it was on sale!!!!!

Norris

Re: Speaker and amp building stuff I found today [message #52359 is a reply to message #52350] Sun, 20 July 2008 19:10 Go to previous message
Chris R. is currently offline  Chris R.
Viscount
Hi Bill,

For a while at work, it seemed like people were leaving broken PC power supplies in the halls for the janitors. I'd grab these, dismantle
them for the IEC outlet and the fan, and put them back where I found them. I haven't run out yet, but close. Now *that's* being cheap.
Chris

Previous Topic: 4 speaker stereo setup Phased up, 4 one-Pi's
Next Topic: Thanks, Wayne!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 21 00:25:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers