Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Music from Son&Image
Music from Son&Image [message #5159] Tue, 06 April 2004 12:24 Go to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
At the recent Montreal Audio Show, there were a few artists that kept coming up as sampling music, selected by vendors. Obviously, the music was chosen by the vendors to best show off their equipment. Most of them were sonically impressive, but musically boring.

There were, however, three (new to me) artists that I was very impressed with. Anyone have any thoughts on these three ladies: Jacintha, Eva Cassidy, and Patricia Barber. "Live as Blues Alley" by Eva Cassidy was very impressive. Heard the disk through a SET/Single Driver combo.

Gar.

Re: Eva Cassidy [message #5162 is a reply to message #5159] Wed, 07 April 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Thanks for the tip. I went over to Amazon to check out Eva Cassidy immediately after reading your post. I'd never heard of her before so I played quite a few song samples. Found myself really listening to each one and disappointed when it ended. Bought two albums - can't wait to get them.

Thanks again.

Re: Jacintha; 'Autumn Leaves' [message #5163 is a reply to message #5162] Wed, 07 April 2004 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Love Eva, mourn for her, play Songbird and Blues Alley all the time. But, Jacintha is in a different league. Her tribute to Johny Merecer is just fabulous. The first cut has bass and sax that really come through and her voice..........

Re: Jacintha; 'Autumn Leaves' [message #5164 is a reply to message #5163] Wed, 07 April 2004 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
OK...just went over and bought that one too, along with Lush Life.

Geez, you guys are costing me a fortune here ;>

Re: Jacintha; 'Autumn Leaves' [message #5165 is a reply to message #5164] Wed, 07 April 2004 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I just ordered a couple of Eva Cassidy on Amazon. I did get "Jacintha is Her Name" and Alison Krauss's "New Favorites", both on vinyl at the audio show. Both are fantastic. Love to get my hands on "Here's to Ben" on 45. Love the new 45's. Draw back is that there's only 3 songs per side.

Re: So Solly, wun............. [message #5166 is a reply to message #5164] Thu, 08 April 2004 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
........but I hated "Lush Life". Horrible saxophone, overblown arrangements. What is it with these record labels/producers? They strike gold and, like a reverse alchemist, turn it into MERDE?

Re: If you like "New Favorites", and ..... [message #5167 is a reply to message #5165] Thu, 08 April 2004 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
..........maybe even if you don't, the Concert DVD, 'Live' in Louisville is absolutely FABULOUS, and just $20bucks at Amazon.
I'm beginning to believe that, had DVD come before HIGH-END Stereo, I'd have some Bose 301's and a great TV and naught else!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: If you like "New Favorites", and ..... [message #5168 is a reply to message #5167] Sun, 11 April 2004 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Funny you should mention that. I was away over the weekend and picked up the live CD a couple of days ago. The first thing I did when I came home was look up the DVD on Amazon.

Re: If you like "New Favorites", and ..... [message #5171 is a reply to message #5168] Thu, 15 April 2004 07:35 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Thanks, guys, I'll have to check these out.

Previous Topic: No Quarter
Next Topic: Live music
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 05:07:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout