Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 3 Pi Profesional Questions
3 Pi Profesional Questions [message #51218] Sun, 01 July 2007 10:56 Go to next message
Matt Presley is currently offline  Matt Presley
Chancellor
Wayne, Could I get a copy of the 3 Pi Pro plans?

If I were to upgrade from the 2 Pi studio to the 3 Pi Pro, then how much would the sound change? I know the JBL 2206 has a flux ring, so distortion will much lower then the Alpha 10. But aside from that, how does the sonic signature of the 3 Pi Pro compare to the 2 Pi Studio? Also, how SET friendly is the JBL 2206? I have the Decware Zen amp with 1.8 watts RMS. I also have a Peavey 500; both work well with the 2 Pi Studios. And finally, while I'm considering the cost of upgrading, would it be better (from a performance standpoint in a 14ft x 14ft room with listening levels rarely reaching over 100db) to get the larger 4 Pi Pro? Thanks,

-Matt

You've got mail! [message #51222 is a reply to message #51218] Sun, 01 July 2007 12:40 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The Studio two π speaker (and the especially the tower) don't need subs, but the Professional Series three π really does, unless it is being used in a small space, like a car or very small room. It's more like the one π in this regard. In a 14' room, if you are planning to use subs, Pro three π speakers will work nicely for you. If not, go with Pro four π speakers instead.

Previous Topic: Polar, not bears.
Next Topic: Pi / Bottlehead HT system. Progress so far
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 07:01:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout