Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Question
Question [message #50631] Tue, 30 January 2007 14:15 Go to next message
Mario Guerrero Jr is currently offline  Mario Guerrero Jr
Esquire
i was wondering if you had the same plans but the measurements rounded to the nearest 1/4,thanks

12π blueprints [message #50632 is a reply to message #50631] Tue, 30 January 2007 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I have plans that I used to build the prototype, but they are nowhere near as extensive as those available now. The current plans are the result of literally hundreds of hours of CAD time and several thousand dollars in labor. Take advantage of that.

It's relatively easy to convert fractions from 1/64" resolution to the nearest 1/8th inch. Just divide the numerator (part of a fraction that is above the line) by 8. To get to the nearest 1/4", divide the numerator by 16. So grab a calculator and go through your drawings and convert each value as needed, writing your rounded value on the page. Then you'll have a set of drawings with approximated dimensions you can work with.

If you need, there's a conversion chart at the link below that might be handy.

Re: 12π blueprints [message #50635 is a reply to message #50632] Tue, 30 January 2007 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Wayne,
You think you could send me the plans?
I don't have the time right now because of exams, but I will keep them in file for a future opportunity.

About the Imperial and Metric Chart, when I worked in the US (RTKL-Baltimore) I developed a ruler with scales that I could use in both situations. They just coudn't decide if the standard was milimiters, centimeters or meters.

You've got mail! [message #50636 is a reply to message #50635] Tue, 30 January 2007 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Re: You've got mail! Thanks. [message #50637 is a reply to message #50636] Wed, 31 January 2007 03:38 Go to previous message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Hi Wayne and Thanks,
I not only agree with the Contract Terms set in the Plans as I find the building tips very helpful ie forum participation, assembly tips and parts procurement.
It's really a master's work in there.

I hope you can go on developing and improving this sensitive beast and all your other projects, including all your presentations (that I can not follow because I am on the other side of the Atlantic).
Best Regards

Previous Topic: Needing help
Next Topic: Vifa DX25 alternative?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 12:55:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers