Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » alpha ?
alpha ? [message #50524] Fri, 12 January 2007 18:11 Go to next message
j.luis cruz . is currently offline  j.luis cruz .
Master
Hy Wayne . what could change in the Alpha MR-A 8 inch from eminence if the closed basket were open , this driver have a resonant frecuency of 514 Hz .I said this Wayne because found a lot of Alpha 8 MRA drivers and I think that when its closed back were open ( drilled) this could work as a wooofer .But Wayne let me know your valuable oppinon .Thanks

Re: alpha ? [message #50529 is a reply to message #50524] Sat, 13 January 2007 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've never worked with that driver, but I suspect that if the sealed back were removed or drilled open, it would probably be similar to an Alpha 8. If you're planning to drill, make several holes.

Re: alpha ? [message #50530 is a reply to message #50529] Sat, 13 January 2007 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
j.luis cruz . is currently offline  j.luis cruz .
Master
What do you think Wayne of using a Alpha 8 MR-A in a mid-horn approch . This driver have a passsband from 500 Hz up to 4Khz with over 100 dbSPL .I foresigth the most simple mid-horn enclosure no backwave to worry atop of the mid-horn a Eminence CD tweeter and below a two tower bass bin .the question = Does this make sense to you ?

Re: alpha ? [message #50534 is a reply to message #50530] Sun, 14 January 2007 11:20 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think that would probably make a very fine midhorn for 500Hz to 3kHz or so. Might go as low as 400Hz or maybe as high as 4kHz in certain horns. And you're right - it would be easy to build since you don't need to make a rear chamber. The size is probably just about right, certainly in the right range and easy enough to work with.

Previous Topic: What about stuffing the 2123 cabinet?
Next Topic: TUBES
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 04:32:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout