Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Royal Cables are passe', finished, kaput
Royal Cables are passe', finished, kaput [message #50449] Sat, 30 December 2006 19:07 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Received the Paul Speltz anti-Cables yesterday and hooked them up tonight. The 45 amp is on the bench so I'm using a Marantz 2215B receiver.

I've never made a change so profound as this. The Marantz went from a homogenised, muddy sound to oh-so-clear and lively. If these cables were a speaker I would suspect a "presence bump" so they're not really neutral, emphasizing the upper mids and lower treble.

They sure sound good though. And the imaging, side-to-side and front-to-back is better than any other 'cheap" cable I've tried. $10/Foot stereo pair so everyone should try them.

Can't wait to hear them hooked up to the 45.

FS: 5 rolls of Royal Cable [message #50451 is a reply to message #50449] Sat, 30 December 2006 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks, Bill. Any other revelations you'd like to share?

Re: What to do with 250' of RC while waiting for your anti-Cables to arrive [message #50452 is a reply to message #50451] Sun, 31 December 2006 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hang a tire swing from the old oak tree

Wire up 5 sets of Realistic Optimus speakers with torn and stained grill cloth from Goodwill

Strip the insulation and put an electrified fence around Speakerman's garage

Call yourself ChrisVdh and post the latest flavor recipe on the Cable Asylum

Re-create the Saddam execution

Build an antenna array to receive ET-MTV from Alpha Centauri

create an Eruv
http://chayyeisarah.blogspot.com/2005/12/appreciation-wednesday-carrying-load.html
around your neighborhood

Re: Royal Cables are passe', finished, kaput [message #50456 is a reply to message #50449] Mon, 01 January 2007 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
j.luis cruz . is currently offline  j.luis cruz .
Master
Hey Bill -..what gauge do you think is the anticable ?

Re: Royal Cables are passe', finished, kaput [message #50457 is a reply to message #50456] Mon, 01 January 2007 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
12 gauge solid.

Re: Royal Cables are passe', finished, kaput [message #50458 is a reply to message #50449] Tue, 02 January 2007 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
Emphasis on upper mids and lower treble? Sounds like you just switched to Fostex speakers....

Re: This just in.... [message #50459 is a reply to message #50458] Tue, 02 January 2007 13:52 Go to previous message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Received the other half of my cable experiment this AM. Heartland made Belden 89259 IC's with Eichamnn bullet plugs.

The artificial 'presence' is gone but the great soundstage and detail are still there. Cheap cables rule!

Previous Topic: Happy New Year
Next Topic: pi studio 2 towers xover
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 17:45:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout