Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Some stuff for sale!
Some stuff for sale! [message #50383] Thu, 14 December 2006 09:10 Go to next message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hey folks! Wayne, how are you? Long time no talk

I have some warez I am not using that I wish to peddle and I thought they could find a good home here.

I've got two Eminence Kappa 15LFA 15" drivers in great working order. They have been slightly used but mostly just sitting around. These are EXCELLENT drivers with fantastic bass response. They would be interchangable with any of Wayne's designs using the Delta or Omega drivers, and in the former would provide superior bass response and power handling. Parts Express sells these for $136 each, I'd like $200 for the pair ($100 each).

One pair of Eminence PSD2002-S compression drivers... The bodies are a bit scratched up and such, but they have *brand new* diaphrams in them... Literally have only seen power to verify operation. I'm sure everyone knows about the 2002's, but fantastic overall compression driver. I'd like $75 for the pair.

One pair of Eminenece H395 horn lenses... A commonly used lense in Wayne's design. They're brand new, never used. They are unfortunately the bolt on design and my 2002's are screw on. However, Parts Express sells adapters for this at a cheap price. Asking $60 for the pair.

Some other stuff you might be interested in....

Four Peerless 850122 7" midbass drivers. These are discontinued, but they are awesome drivers and there are kit designs on the internet for them, or you can still pick up their T/S specs from Peerless and build a one-off design with them. They sound fantastic and have incredible bass response for such modest drivers. All have been slightly used, but only for about an hour. I'd like $70 for a pair or $125 for all four.

Two Peerless 850146 10" woofers. Also discontinued. Brand new... I think I've installed them in boxes but they've never seen power before. They need a slightly largish box but sound excellent, and play deep, clean and loud. Awesome woofers. Looking for $90 for the pair.

Two new in box North Creek D28 tweeters. AMAZING dome tweeters, pretty comparable to top of the line Scan Speak stuff. North Creek used to sell these for $156 a pair, but now you can't buy them for any price, as they have stopped selling to hobbyists. Never been used, looking for $130.

Shipping is extra for all of these products anywhere in Canada or the U.S.. I haven't sold online in a good while but Wayne should be able to vouch for me.... Sorry to drop by on such a utilitarian matter but I've gotta get rid of this stuff. If you have any questions, just e-mail me... Thanks!

Adam

Re: Some stuff for sale! [message #50384 is a reply to message #50383] Thu, 14 December 2006 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Did you ever rebuild your trebucket?

Are you still into monster subs? If so, check out the 12π basshorn subwoofer. I'm really proud of this design - I don't know of any commercially available subwoofer that can top it in SPL or low-distortion sound quality from 30Hz to 100Hz.

About your sale, you might want to list this stuff in the Swap Meet forum.

As I recall, the Kappa 15 is compatible with the Omega 15 in that most designs can use them interchangeably with respect to tuning. But I don't know about the Kappa 15LF, either with respect to tuning or upper frequency extension. I do know that the Delta 15 is very different, so I would probably look at designs that use the Omega 15 as a starting point, if someone were to consider using the Kappa as a drop-in replacement.

The horn used in most of my speakers is the H290. The H395 isn't going to work in any of my designs. Your price is reasonable though, and I'm sure they'll find a good home.

Seems like the Peerless woofers and North Creek tweeters would make a great little two-way system. I'll bet those sound sweet.

Re: Some stuff for sale! [message #50385 is a reply to message #50384] Thu, 14 December 2006 12:22 Go to previous message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hey Wayne!

No, I didn't rebuild the trebuchet. I considered it a number of times, but it is unfortunately quite time and labour intensive to maintain. You've gotta have land set aside for it, insurance for it, and then you've gotta find time to keep using it! It's an impressive thing to have around but hard to upkeep, unless you've got mad extra cash lying around.

I haven't been doing audio for a while, but I'm definitely still big into the subs. I did see your 12pi sub a hwile back and it looked VERY cool. The heat sink idea was great! I do still plan on building those 160 cubic foot, 30 Hz bass horns... I actually found a place where I can use them, for one week a year anyway. Now it's just a money, time and space thing :P

if you recall I actually did use your Theatre series Delta crossover with this woofer, and it sounded great. The Omega might be a better start, but I was happy with it even in the Delta configuration. It would need a different enclosure, though.

My mistake about the horn lense, I thought you used it.

Anyway bud thanks for the tip on the swap meet forum.... I'll post this stuff over there as well. Thanks again, and I hope family and business is well

Adam

Previous Topic: 2 Pi Tower with laminated pine?
Next Topic: Comments on this 3-way layout?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 05:07:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio