Home » Audio » General » Wireless plate amps
Wireless plate amps [message #5007] Tue, 18 November 2008 15:56 Go to next message
Eli Sweeney is currently offline  Eli Sweeney
Esquire
Hi all,

The distributed sub concept that Audiokinesis, Pi and Gedlee like to use seems like a great idea to me. Smooth bass and potentially high WAF. There's only one thing that would make it even better:

Wireless plate amps

Does anyone know where something like that could be found or if it's even available? Seems like with wireless microphones being around there should be something like that to send the signal to the subs.

Thanks in advance for any information,

Eli

Re: Wireless plate amps [message #5008 is a reply to message #5007] Tue, 18 November 2008 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grangier is currently offline  Grangier
Esquire
You mean like this?

Re: Wireless plate amps [message #5009 is a reply to message #5008] Tue, 18 November 2008 17:23 Go to previous message
Eli Sweeney is currently offline  Eli Sweeney
Esquire
That does look like a fantastic subwoofer. Glad to see wireless subs coming about. For me though, I already have subs and just want to add a plate amp without having to run wires.

I saw one online but it looked like it was a proof of concept because there was no ordering information. I also found wireless distribution products and they could certainly be added to plate amps to do the job. I was just hoping to find a nice subwoofer plate amp with a wireless receiver built in, bundled with a transmitter to connect to the sub channel output.

Eli

Previous Topic: Does anyone have a September 1961 Electronics Illustrated magazine?
Next Topic: Distortion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 13:14:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout