Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Sevin Pro 18 Corner Horn, Hey Wayne!
Sevin Pro 18 Corner Horn, Hey Wayne! [message #49890] Sat, 19 August 2006 19:48 Go to next message
Ken.R is currently offline  Ken.R
Esquire
Hello Wayne, I had Bill Martinelli build me your Sevin pro 18 corner horns a few years back. These are the ones he has on his site,You built me the crossovers for them. These speakers are simply tight, sweet & Thunderous! The crossovers you built for these speakers make all the differance in the world. The drivers used in this system are 2445h, 2123h,& 2426h. I have a beautiful pair of 077 slot tweeters, can they be added to this system or is there any downfalls to doing so. If so will you let me know what we can do to the crossovers to make this happen. Or make new crossovers for this new set up.
Thank you Ken

Re: Sevin Pro 18 Corner Horn, Hey Wayne! [message #49894 is a reply to message #49890] Sat, 19 August 2006 22:36 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Those are definitely luscious speakers!

To add a super tweeter, I'd go with a very simple network crossed over very high, like 10kHz. Just use a 1.0 to 2.2uF capacitor in series with the tweeter and a 16 or 20 ohm damper resistor across it. Use the simple physical alignment and it will sound nice when setup this way.

Previous Topic: 16 OHM & 8 OHM
Next Topic: Cooling plugs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 25 16:19:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout