Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Hl10c Heatsink data
Hl10c Heatsink data [message #49736] Tue, 18 July 2006 18:19 Go to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
Wayne dropped me a line and asked me to post this. It's the data from when I tested the C's with heatsinks. I now have a new Fluke ../emoticons/smiley.gif and should probably redo them. But this was enough along with the a's test to convince me. This test only went to 10 volts as I fried my resistor. I tested with the a's to 30volts.

Contrary to some opinions, these things work, and work well. I routinely run 400-500w average through my 300w rated c's, with no ill effect.
Re: Hl10c Heatsink data [message #49738 is a reply to message #49736] Tue, 18 July 2006 22:14 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Thanks for taking the time to post this. It looks like you used the published value of Re rather than measuring it. I realize that you measured resonance values and all the other things that it takes to do T/S calculations, but did you also measure DC resistance of the voice coil at any time? The AC impedance value would be close at some frequencies other than resonance, an octave above or below for example.

I'm just curious really, to know if you have temperature or resistance measurements for the HL10. But the real test is how effective the heat exchanger is at reducing thermal stress, and ultimately increasing driver reliability. In that regard, the doubling of power limits is a pretty good indication.

Previous Topic: Question for FredT re: One-Pi Towers
Next Topic: Double checking C5 and R3 values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 11:47:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout