Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » How-to
How-to [message #49663] Fri, 23 June 2006 16:14 Go to next message
derekdun101 is currently offline  derekdun101
Esquire
With a background in carpenty and cabinet making, I was asked by a friend to construct the pi cabinets. I received the dwg file, and downloaded the trial version of Autocad. This is still Chinese to me (as in, like reading another language I dont know). Who out there has some advice on how to go from a bunch of undimensioned trapazoids, to actually developing a working set of plans someone could actually build off of? Does this require an autocad expert?

12π basshorn subwoofer: How-to [message #49664 is a reply to message #49663] Fri, 23 June 2006 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You must be talking about the 12π basshorn subwoofer, since it's the only model with plans distributed as an AutoCAD file. See the post called "12π basshorn - Coming together" for a step-by-step pictorial writeup of the construction process. If you want, I can also send out some image files containing the drawing I did of the prototype. It isn't as accurate as the AutoCAD drawing, but it may be useful for you. It is drawn as a side view and it makes it easy to see the dimensions of each part.
Re: How-to with CAD [message #49671 is a reply to message #49663] Sun, 25 June 2006 07:20 Go to previous message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Hi,
After ten years working with AutoCad I must admit that it might be a little intimidating at the beginning. But you will get to 3d and all after a few weeks. The best advice is to get a tutorial (maybe from the web) or get a friend to teach you at his or your house/office.
The printing is a little technical, but you will get there. Make a few tests of scale prints with the/your printer for start. Make shure the units are in Imperial or Metrics the way you want.
Take your time.
Regards

Previous Topic: Active Crossover - 4Pi Tower?
Next Topic: Help a newbie! Please?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 19:57:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout