Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » One Pi Towers in Houston
One Pi Towers in Houston [message #49618] Fri, 09 June 2006 17:55 Go to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
If anybody in the Houston area has been considering building a pair of One Pi's, I have a workshop with all the tools and would be happy to help you build them. I recently built a pair in a 1.5 cu ft 36" tall tower configuration and was very satisfied with the results. I would put these up against my son's $900 Vandersteen 1's any day. The fee is a sixpack of Shiner (to be consumed after we're done with the table saw and router:) and reimbursement for the mdf ( about $25). I would also ask you to buy the One Pi kits from Wayne.

Re: One Pi Towers in Houston [message #49620 is a reply to message #49618] Fri, 09 June 2006 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I love that! Speaker building party. Kind of like the guy's version of scrapebooking parties. If I wasn't north of the border, I'd join you for the heck of it.

Re: One Pi Towers in Baltimore [message #49621 is a reply to message #49620] Sat, 10 June 2006 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Yeah, when I was living in Baltimore I bet I would arrange one such. Now I am in Europe.
Go Balmoreans, 6 packs, yes.

Re: One Pi Towers in Houston [message #49624 is a reply to message #49618] Sun, 11 June 2006 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Here's a picture of what your one pi tower will look like. I was experimenting with different tweeters when I built this one, but the standard Vifa DX25 works very well in the tower as it does in the standmount version. The 8" woofer seems small in relation to the woofers in all the other Pi speakers, but it's still bigger and has more bass slam than the woofers in most mainstream speakers in the under $2K price range. The One Pi tower has better bass slam and extension than the standmount without having the large footprint of the Two Pi tower.

Re: Workshop in Houston [message #49626 is a reply to message #49624] Mon, 12 June 2006 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Hi FredT,
Your shop is really nice. I have been in a small factory here in Portugal with a $100,000 CNC, but they are building only kitchen cabinets (with MDF, etc.). The problem is that they don't even bother to work with real or good quality wood or multiplex. So, they sell exotic but they don't manufacture anything with it. Unless you are JBL (...or Wayne !) is dificult to have a high volume output rate... you only get paid when someone offers you a 6pack and go for a nice week-end work. I will give a try at the CNC though, for the front/back panels.
Regards.

Re: One Pi Towers in Houston [message #49682 is a reply to message #49624] Sat, 01 July 2006 22:51 Go to previous message
Paul is currently offline  Paul
Chancellor
Love the concept of the 1 pi towers. Great looking speakers!

1 question - how does the bass compare to the 1 pi bookshelf?

Previous Topic: The shop is crankin' out 12π basshorn subs!
Next Topic: system opinion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:26:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout