Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » piezos (to DB)
Wharfedales & piezo [message #49566 is a reply to message #49565] Sun, 04 June 2006 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Hi Bill,
Do you have them as a 3way system? With a xover between sub and mid-bass? Or do you have them as a 2way system; with only the warfedales and piezos.
Regards.

Re: Wharfedales & piezo [message #49567 is a reply to message #49566] Sun, 04 June 2006 19:03 Go to previous message
Bill Thornton is currently offline  Bill Thornton
Chancellor
If you back track the thread you'll see that Ive mentioned the system layout earlier. Anyway, to sum up there are 2x12" speakers mounted at the rear of the room in the triangle formed by the stairs and fed via
some large ferrite cored inductors by-passed by 25mF reversibles .They are well out of the firing line as regards any mid frequencies they may put out and they are out of phase too. The MLS,s have to hang on rods in the corners and point into the seating area.This is far from Ideal and
I would dearly love to have built MTM's with the 4 x 5" units and put them on stands either side of the fire place but there just wasn't room
I make no claims to this set up being Hi Fi but at least all the frequencies are there and its amazingly detailed considering.
So the answer is YES 3 WAY with sort of SUBS.

Bill

Previous Topic: push-pull - isobarik bass
Next Topic: My new two Pi Studios
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 30 02:29:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers