Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » High End Stuff II..THIS sounds like the real deal!
High End Stuff II..THIS sounds like the real deal! [message #49484] Thu, 18 May 2006 01:05 Go to next message
Ed White is currently offline  Ed White
Baron

This perspective from guerilla audio seems to ring true as a philosophy...not pseudo-snakeoil-bs...but a real common sense approach to all thing pertaining to listening..high efficiency speakers...good science, etc...

Any Comments? I think this looks like a good overall synopsis of what works. Of course everybody has differing opinions! Like I needed to tell anyone that!

http://guerrillaaudio.com/store/documents/GuerrillaGuidetoGreatSound12-14-05.pdf

Re: High End Stuff II..THIS sounds like the real deal! [message #49485 is a reply to message #49484] Thu, 18 May 2006 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Jason does seem very passionate about audio. His system looks great!

Re: High End Stuff II..THIS sounds like the real deal! [message #49492 is a reply to message #49484] Fri, 19 May 2006 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spinjack is currently offline  Spinjack
Viscount
Skin effect? I thought it was a good article until that point. Maybe my Circuits professor was an idiot and taught thigs wrong, but Jason's explaination didn't make any sense at all. Revealed a hole in his understanding of how electricity works.

He made some good points, but through in some snake oil to help support his sales pitch. Though, it didn't prevent me from being interested in his cables.

Re: High End Stuff II..THIS sounds like the real deal! [message #49494 is a reply to message #49492] Fri, 19 May 2006 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed White is currently offline  Ed White
Baron
Well, there's alot to glean, compare with other theories...but it's interesting to get the buzz of other peoples opinions. Of course, when they are selling something, you gotta be wary. Didn't seem to get the snake discussed TOO oily, tho...

Re: High End Stuff II..THIS sounds like the real deal! [message #49506 is a reply to message #49492] Sun, 21 May 2006 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris R is currently offline  Chris R
Master
> Skin effect? I thought it was a good article until that point.

Same here, similar reasons. I thought skin effect was more about
electrons repeling each other and was a high freq (RF) problem,
not audit freqs.

> Maybe my Circuits professor was an idiot and taught thigs wrong,
> but Jason's explaination didn't make any sense at all. Revealed a > hole in his understanding of how electricity works.

Big hole. He lost me at that point for several (all?) things
after that.

> He made some good points, but through in some snake oil to help
> support his sales pitch. Though, it didn't prevent me from being
> interested in his cables.

Not me, but to each his own.

Chris

Re: High End Stuff II..THIS sounds like the real deal! [message #49508 is a reply to message #49485] Sun, 21 May 2006 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gumby1 is currently offline  gumby1
Viscount
I purchased some of his copper interconnect cables and I have been very happy with them. I have no problem recommending his cables. There may be better value cables out there such as Blue Jeans Cable and Heartland Cable, but the Guerilla Audio cables are nice.

Re: High End Stuff II..THIS sounds like the real deal! [message #49512 is a reply to message #49506] Mon, 22 May 2006 11:46 Go to previous message
Spinjack is currently offline  Spinjack
Viscount
I do think that cables can make a difference, but not for most of the reasons he described. High purity of the conductor and good solid splices/connections being the most notable reasons, which it looks like he has on some of his products. It looks like half his other stuff is just private labelled mass market gear.

Previous Topic: some news
Next Topic: Wayne, sub plans?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 09:49:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout