Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4Pi Stage question
4Pi Stage question [message #49387] Thu, 27 April 2006 18:36 Go to next message
Matt Presley is currently offline  Matt Presley
Chancellor
I've been considering the 4Pi Stages for a while now. I set up sound at my school's auditorium last week for a dance concert. The rig consisted of a pair of Peavey speakers with 15s and 1 inch compression tweeters driven by 500 watts. I have to say, they played very loud. I noticed the 4Pi stages lists a maximum of 127db peaks. Thats really loud from a relatively small pair of boxes. Does anyone use the 4Pi stages for P.A. applications? -Matt

Re: 4Pi Stage question [message #49389 is a reply to message #49387] Thu, 27 April 2006 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
I have a pair and use them for home listening with small amps, but I did some breaking in with an Adcom power amp and couldn't stay in the living room with them when they were cranking. I pitied the dog when I went out and left them going loud! One of my sons friends DJ's and wants to make a pair.

Re: 4Pi Stage question [message #49397 is a reply to message #49387] Fri, 28 April 2006 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There's a large club in Tulsa with (4) Stage four π loudspeakers. I wanted to install subs as well, maybe overkill with a 12π basshorn in the corner. But after hearing the four π's, the club owner didn't think subs were necessary. The system is way louder than needed, even in a very large club. And the sound is clear and natural. But I would add subs in an environment like this.

Re: 4Pi Stage question [message #49404 is a reply to message #49397] Fri, 28 April 2006 15:01 Go to previous message
Matt Presley is currently offline  Matt Presley
Chancellor
Bravo Wayne. I have a Peavey PV 500 amplifier thats got a decent sound. Do you think a pair of the 4Pi Stages would work for normal listening and home theatre with the amp running stereo at 128 watts per channel, and then do electronic and hiphop music for house parties with the amp bridged and the speakers paralleled for 500 watts? I usually listen to everything from funk, to classical, to Paul Oakenfold but bring out the hip hop for parties. They sure look like they're up to the job. -Matt

Previous Topic: cabinets/prices
Next Topic: Opinions on this driver?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 04:11:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout