Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Spikes, Sandboxes. and...?
Spikes, Sandboxes. and...? [message #49311] Wed, 12 April 2006 11:14 Go to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
I was wondering if anyone has ever experimented with compression of loudspeaker cabinets between the ceiling and the floor, possibly using floor jacks from the top of speaker to the ceiling and applying various pressures. Just curious!

...Oh, and last night, the Royal Cable participated in one of the most pleasurable listening sessions I've ever had. Getz and Gilberto #2 was just incredible with such expressive reproduction of the performer's emotion and articulation. Thanks again, Bill!

Garland

Re: Cool!!! Right to the floor jack aisle at work tomorrow. [message #49314 is a reply to message #49311] Wed, 12 April 2006 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Same here tonight only it was Manhattan Transfer, Mecca For Moderns. Side 2. A perfect side.

Re: built-in? [message #49315 is a reply to message #49311] Wed, 12 April 2006 21:55 Go to previous message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
I've seen designs that were built in- floor to ceiling, structurally, using old WE horn designs that started with a woofer at bottom and spiraled up (on inside) to openings. Outside was a square box about 3'x3'. a bar or bookcase could be built in between the pair so it all looked integral with the room.

Previous Topic: Wow! Tulsa's on the Arkansas!
Next Topic: 7 pi bassbin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:31:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout