Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Fun with capacitors
Update :-) [message #49287 is a reply to message #49286] Fri, 07 April 2006 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Just found that "Jacmusic" price for 22µF/800V Mundorf Supreme is 56,64 Euros each, or about $68,5...

Re: Maybe a work-around [message #49288 is a reply to message #49287] Fri, 07 April 2006 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Being payday, I ordered 2 .33uF Supremes from Madisound, $29 with shipping. Geez, did I really pay that much?
They'll replace the Kimbers in the horn attenuation circuit.
I am debating whether to spring for the North Creeks on sale as did Matts. The necessary 6-10uF's are about $42 and another $50 or so to by-pass with the Crescendo's.
Will wait and see what the little Mundorfs accomplish.

Re: Maybe a work-around [message #49289 is a reply to message #49288] Fri, 07 April 2006 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matts_ is currently offline  Matts_
Chancellor
I've been keeping the music going a lot and just changing the basic 10uF's with the North Creek Zens has made a *huge* difference in my sounds- I'm sold. No bypassing, haven't touched the other two on the board. I did change the horn attenuator out for Auricap/Mills when very new. I was getting frustrated because I got a couple good Cleveland Quartet/Beethoven late quartets and when all 4 instruments played fast runs it was getting hopelessly congested. Now it's very clean, the sound is probably very rosy, but with good detail, and I'm going to wait a couple weeks before doing the next thing. I still have the other 4 Zen Tens, will probably combine those with a high-end two for the 22s. I'm very sold on the Zens!

Re: Update :-) [message #49292 is a reply to message #49287] Sun, 09 April 2006 07:06 Go to previous message
Tobias is currently offline  Tobias
Chancellor

I'm using Mundorf Supremes in my Pro Pi Seven crossovers. They make those yellow caps on the stock Eminence crossovers sound lean, grainy, and constricted. Of course, Mills resistors and Alpha Core inductors don't hurt either.

Previous Topic: 18" driver for T18 of WBIN cabinet
Next Topic: 2pi bass
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:04:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout