Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Spice files models
Spice files models [message #49114] Wed, 15 March 2006 05:06 Go to next message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Hi Wayne,

I am just wandering if the spice files models that are created include the resistance for inductances and inductance for caps and resistors? I bet that they do not.

I am sorry that I ask this question again, since it was answered so many times on this forum by you. But this "Pi-Library" is so uge and full of such important technical facts. If we use this small values with the components we can make a (more) detailed model of the crossover isn't it? (As when using a wire wound resistor and adding the small value for inductance).

By the way check this:
Power Resistors (Non Inductive)
ONICS - Aluminium housed chassis mounted wire wound resistors
(http://www.power-resistor.com/aluminium.php)
From 0.1 to 10KOhms. Price range from a 50W for 2.00€(euro) and a 100W for 5.00€(euro). Bank charges are 50.00€(euro) for each transaction (India). If/and I am guessing that they don't accept Master or Visa's. Delivery in 2 weeks.

They have similar in Sweden from Elfa.com but more expensive, at 6.79€/50W a piece (check for NHS50/Non Inductive ARCOL-Aluminium encap. power resistor), postage 18.00€ for business pack. The problem here is that they don't carry intermediate Ohmic values, only 1, 4, 8, 16, 25 , 50 Ohms. But they do accept Visa.

Best Regards

Re: Spice files models [message #49118 is a reply to message #49114] Wed, 15 March 2006 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

No, you're right, I don't include internal capacitance of coils or internal resistance or inductance of caps in the Spice models for passive crossovers in speaker circuits. But I do include internal resiatnce of coils. The values I haven't included are small, and wouldn't have an effect unless in high impedance circuits and/or at very high frequency.

Re: Spice files models [message #49124 is a reply to message #49118] Wed, 15 March 2006 11:52 Go to previous message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Great Wayne,

Thanks! I know that files are very much complete, and I have been asking Chris Rich. also for a little file to model RLC in Spice that you mentioned before in another tread.

I just wonder about that because of a few questions in this forum pertaining wire wound resistors, and also because I am using a model for a 3 way (whith LPads/compensation at high frequencies) and I have the idea of using a PTC "PolySwitch"(r) from Raychem or similar: "...At normal operating temperatures, these devises have very low resistances (from 30mOhm to 800mOhm for the RXE devices typically used in speakers)."

Regards

Previous Topic: Pi Speakers Website
Next Topic: Question about matching tweet to woof???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 13:54:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio